How does the TBM 900 handle time warping / time compression?

Buttons840

I'm wondering how the TBM 900 handle time warping (a.k.a. "time compression").

First, note that XPlane 11 has 2 different ways to speed up a flight. Time warping can be activated by pressing CTRL+T, and is usually limited to about 2x to 4x normal speed, depending on your hardware. Time warping speeds up everything in the simulation, or at least that's the intention and how it works with default aircraft. There is also a "speed multiplier" activated by pressing ALT+T which simply multiplies your horizontal speed by up to 16x and is much easier on the CPU.

However, since addons are arbitrary code, I think they can do things like use the actual clock rather than the simulated clock for their simulation, and thus behave weirdly when using "time warp". I've seen some addons handle this very well, and other addons do not. The default aircraft all handle it quite well.

How does the TBM 900 handle time warping? Do the clocks tick at an accelerated rate while time warping? (Good.) Do the wings rip off because it thinks the plane is going too fast? (Bad.) I know the default G1000 handles time warping well, so that gives me some hope.

I feel like I'm in the minority among flight simmers, but I just cannot justify sitting for many hours staring at an uneventful autopilot screen. I would rather speed up time, and then if something interesting happens I can return to normal speed.

Edited by Buttons840

Using ground speed accelerator Alt+T it will unbalance the fuel tanks even when auto is selected, simple fix is to use manual and switch back and forth between tanks. Also doesn’t seem to like decents.. for instance if I am going from FL200 to lets say 5000’ @1000fpm when my clock uses up 15 mins (in accelerated GS) instead of being at 5000 it will be much higher. So for decents I just use normal time. I’ve never tried CTL+T, Maybe that will give me better results.