I started the sim with my gear handle up

Gregg Seipp

Can we have it to where, if you start the sim with your gear handle in the up position that the aircraft ignores it and just loads the aircraft in whatever state it was at last load?  I loaded up my sim and I guess it detected that my hardware gear handle was up and raised the gear of the aircraft.  Ugh!

EDIT:  To rub salt into the wound, I stopped the sim, made sure the gear handle was down.  Restarted it and the aircraft spawned in, again with the gear up and dropped the aircraft, causing it to catch fire.  It was hysterical...hysterical and annoying.  What?  We didn't destroy the plane the first time?  Hold my beer.

Edited by Gregg Seipp

13 minutes ago, sqrt(-1) said:

Isn't this one of the reasons to check your controls?  The TBM is after all a study-level aircraft.

This is not to say that I haven't made the same mistake myself.

I learned from it, though.

Maybe.  Setting aside the fact that it was left there with the gear down and has a ground safety switch.  One wonders what would happen if you did that in the real world.

19 hours ago, Gregg Seipp said:

Can we have it to where, if you start the sim with your gear handle in the up position that the aircraft ignores it and just loads the aircraft in whatever state it was at last load?  I loaded up my sim and I guess it detected that my hardware gear handle was up and raised the gear of the aircraft.  Ugh!

EDIT:  To rub salt into the wound, I stopped the sim, made sure the gear handle was down.  Restarted it and the aircraft spawned in, again with the gear up and dropped the aircraft, causing it to catch fire.  It was hysterical...hysterical and annoying.  What?  We didn't destroy the plane the first time?  Hold my beer.

@Gregg Seipp If you have this problem and want to reset the situation without having a repeat of the same issue do this:

Go to your X-Plane 11 folder, select the Output folder, then select the TBM900 folder. Within them TBM900 folder locate the state folder and delete it.

Restart X-Plane and your TBM should restart with the aircraft not on fire, nose gear up, wing tip on the ground, etc. :lol:

Hoping this helps!

Dwight

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DwightP980 said:

@Gregg Seipp If you have this problem and want to reset the situation without having a repeat of the same issue do this:

Go to your X-Plane 11 folder, select the Output folder, then select the TBM900 folder. Within them TBM900 folder locate the state folder and delete it.

Restart X-Plane and your TBM should restart with the aircraft not on fire, nose gear up, wing tip on the ground, etc. :lol:

Hoping this helps!

Dwight

Thanks.