Almost afraid to ask about this bug.

JackSwyr

I am a brand new user with this plane, I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I love it when it works but got several CTD’s, and when I come here I see a lot of CTD reports exactly like I’m getting.

Anyway, this bug drives me crazy, whenever I go to DIR TO I am met with a 5 or a 05 and I have to hit BKSP several times before I can enter, say, EGLL.  

Thanks for a wonderful plane and I have patience that all these things will get worked out.

Jack

Hi JackSwyr,

I think we may have very similar issues see below.

BKSP for me was a bit unreliable but your experience may differ.  One thing I've found that always seems to work is to rotate the outer FMS knob backwards before starting to type on the keypad.

Kind regards,
BT

Edited by boredtechie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, boredtechie said:

Hi JackSwyr,

I think we may have very similar issues see below.

BKSP for me was a bit unreliable but your experience may differ.  One thing I've found that always seems to work is to rotate the outer FMS knob backwards before starting to type on the keypad.

Kind regards,
BT

Think this will ever get fixed?

As it stands now I get constant CTD’s.  New Nvidia driver, etc.  The plane keeps logging about bad navdata.

Will post the log soon.  I really love this plane but with all the navdata CTD’s I might bin it and write it off as a very expensive loss :( 

Hi JackSwyr, 

I'll be honest I hold Hot Start in high regard they have been relentless in their pursuit of perfection for this addon.  That said they rightly tend to focus on the more disruptive issues like the CTD you're experiencing over quality of life issues like entering values in to the FMS.

So whilst this issue might take a little longer to fix I suspect you'll see your CTD issue fixed quite quickly but you may need to work with them providing logs, removing other add-ons etc as requested.

Please don't give up on this add-on you'll be missing out.

Kind regards,
BT

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, boredtechie said:

Hi JackSwyr, 

I'll be honest I hold Hot Start in high regard they have been relentless in their pursuit of perfection for this addon.  That said they rightly tend to focus on the more disruptive issues like the CTD you're experiencing over quality of life issues like entering values in to the FMS.

So whilst this issue might take a little longer to fix I suspect you'll see your CTD issue fixed quite quickly but you may need to work with them providing logs, removing other add-ons etc as requested.

Please don't give up on this add-on you'll be missing out.

Kind regards,
BT

I’ve done everything they recommend, new video driver, removing all plug-ins, even using a new XP but still get these navdata crashes.  First they blamed Orbx but it’s not them as they showed me it’s global scenery files.

21 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

I’ve done everything they recommend, new video driver, removing all plug-ins, even using a new XP but still get these navdata crashes.  First they blamed Orbx but it’s not them as they showed me it’s global scenery files.

@JackSwyr As mentioned the attaching your Log.txt and TBM900_Log files will help others in possibly running down the issue your having. Lot of information in those files and your answer may reside within them.

Blue Skies!

Dwight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DwightP980 said:

@JackSwyr As mentioned the attaching your Log.txt and TBM900_Log files will help others in possibly running down the issue your having. Lot of information in those files and your answer may reside within them.

Blue Skies!

Dwight

Was going to do this but I was told above it’s normal to see the errors in the log.  Next time it crashes I’ll be sure to post the files, been too busy with real life to fly though.

12 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Was going to do this but I was told above it’s normal to see the errors in the log.  Next time it crashes I’ll be sure to post the files, been too busy with real life to fly though.

I think some errors such as TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing..... may be normal in that I happen to see this error in lots of TBM900 logs. No sure what it's all about, but its there all the time. Others however will effect the operation of the TBM. So many variables as to hardware, and software that we run, but the files will possibly help someone to find the issue. I absolutely would not write off the TBM as IMHO it is the best!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DwightP980 said:

@JackSwyr I made a short video clip of my results of inputting EGLL into the FMS and hitting the Direst TO command. Worked as I would except it to. This is using the Hotstart TBM 900 Ver 1.1.8

Thanks, did you use the FMC keyboard because it has not once worked for me in 3D cockpit or 2D pop up.

10 minutes ago, DwightP980 said:

@JackSwyr I used the FMC keyboard and 3D cockpit view for the video and unfortunately I don't know how to record my mouse movements :( . I also just tried it in the 2D pop-out mode and it worked fine in that mode too. 

Regards,

Dwight

Many thanks Dwight but it doesn’t work at all like that for me and several other people I’ve seen in posts.  :( 

Jack, I will wait till you can up load the Log.txt and TBM900_Log.txt files, and then see if I can help figure this out, or perhaps someone out there will be able to ring in with an answer. It does seem that there was a issue similar to this in one of the early versions, but so far I haven't found a direct reference to what I'm thinking, and other than plug-ins, or me going crazy loading scenery files my TBM works great, and is the only aircraft I fly unless troubleshooting the G1000.

I'll attach my files plus Gizmo, and if you want compare to what you have, and maybe something will jump out :)

Let me know my friend!

Dwight

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DwightP980 said:

Jack, I will wait till you can up load the Log.txt and TBM900_Log.txt files, and then see if I can help figure this out, or perhaps someone out there will be able to ring in with an answer. It does seem that there was a issue similar to this in one of the early versions, but so far I haven't found a direct reference to what I'm thinking, and other than plug-ins, or me going crazy loading scenery files my TBM works great, and is the only aircraft I fly unless troubleshooting the G1000.

I'll attach my files plus Gizmo, and if you want compare to what you have, and maybe something will jump out :)

Let me know my friend!

Dwight

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Hi Dwight, finally have to make the same flight I have been making for testing, EGPB to Wick.

So far so good but I forgot to disable the RADAR plug-in first.

I'll post my logs as soon as I land this thing and what is Gizmo?

Jack, I just took a quick look at your files, and of course nothing jumps out at me at the moment but if you can, please also post the TBM900_Log file.

I will look it over in fine detail in the morning as I have to hit the sack now. BTW- the Gizmo plug in needs to be installed in order to have the aircraft function, license check, ect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DwightP980 said:

Jack, I just took a quick look at your files, and of course nothing jumps out at me at the moment but if you can, please also post the TBM900_Log file.

I will look it over in fine detail in the morning as I have to hit the sack now. BTW- the Gizmo plug in needs to be installed in order to have the aircraft function, license check, ect.

Thanks.  Where do I get the log file?  I’m looking in the TBM-900 folder and don’t see it.

I found it, posting it now. On the iPad typing this...

Edited by JackSwyr

4 minutes ago, DwightP980 said:

TBM900_Log.txt

Hello Jack! I took a look at your files and also noted the fact that you had said the last flight was normal. I'm going to recommend that you delete the state file in the Output folder to begin with. I'm not 100% sure if this file is wiped and regenerated when you load a new version of the TBM, but it won't hurt to let the system rebuild the state file.

Go to your X-Plane folder > then to the Output folder > then to the TBM900 folder. Inside the TBM900 folder select the folder named "state" and delete it.

Also, please remove all plugins except Gizmo64.plugin, XPLM_64.dll, and XPWidgets_64.dll I personally create a folder in the plugins folder and name it 000_Disabled          

Restart X-Plane and the state folder will be regenerated.

Fly the TBM, or if you want set everything up on the ground and try the inputs for a Direct TO command from the FMS panel on the TBM instrument panel.

Lets give this a try, and if you fly and everything works, then one at a time start adding the plugins back in until you find the one that creates your problem. I personally will fly three or four trips from Cold and Dark to Cold and Dark, making sure I'm happy :) before adding the plugins back.

Good luck and don't forget to resend the Log and TBM900_Log files if the condition persists.

Regards,

Dwight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dwight, I really appreciate your help!

Ok, so I create a separate folder IN the plug ins folder, will do, and will do all you say and report back as soon a real life lets me.

Jack

Yes sir! It will disregard the plugins you move into the folder named 000_Disabled, and there are probably many other ways to do it, but for me this is the easiest method.

X-Plane will not start until it sees certain plugins and the TBM needs Gizmo so it will throw up messages unless you have the ones I listed in the last message I sent.

If you get a message it requires a plugin when X-Plane is loading simply go to the 000_Disabled folder and move the missing plugin back to the plugins folder.

Take your time, I'm retired and unless I'm out on my boat fishing, or working around the house, I like to play with this, and I enjoy helping if I can, when I can.

Have a good day!

Dwight

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DwightP980 said:

Yes sir! It will disregard the plugins you move into the folder named 000_Disabled, and there are probably many other ways to do it, but for me this is the easiest method.

X-Plane will not start until it sees certain plugins and the TBM needs Gizmo so it will throw up messages unless you have the ones I listed in the last message I sent.

If you get a message it requires a plugin when X-Plane is loading simply go to the 000_Disabled folder and move the missing plugin back to the plugins folder.

Take your time, I'm retired and unless I'm out on my boat fishing, or working around the house, I like to play with this, and I enjoy helping if I can, when I can.

Have a good day!

Dwight

Hi Dwight, I finally have a chance to do all this.  Right now I deleted that folder and I created a folder called 000_Disabled.

In it I placed: ASXPConnect (so I can’t use ASXP weather?), AviTab (which is for the Zibo 737), BetterPushback (which I haven’t used once yet), rxpGTN (which I like in two of my G/A planes), and UltraWeather XP (which I use on every flight because it has weather presets).  Will UWXP net being there mess things up?

Also, I did not put XPLM.framework and XPWidgets.framework folder into the disabled folder because I thought I might need them since you said to keep those dll’s.

Now I’m going to try a flight in the TBM and then post the logs.

30 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Hi Dwight, I finally have a chance to do all this.  Right now I deleted that folder and I created a folder called 000_Disabled.

In it I placed: ASXPConnect (so I can’t use ASXP weather?), AviTab (which is for the Zibo 737), BetterPushback (which I haven’t used once yet), rxpGTN (which I like in two of my G/A planes), and UltraWeather XP (which I use on every flight because it has weather presets).  Will UWXP net being there mess things up?

Also, I did not put XPLM.framework and XPWidgets.framework folder into the disabled folder because I thought I might need them since you said to keep those dll’s.

Now I’m going to try a flight in the TBM and then post the logs.

I'm not real sure about UWXP as I don't use it, but as they say, "You can always drop back and punt". :D If every thing goes good then it didn't hurt, and if it still fails to program to expectations then pull it out.

And, yes XPLM_64.dll, and XPWidgets_64.dll files need to stay or you'll get pop ups telling you X-Plane is not happy with you and it wants those files back.

Have good flight, and remember, runway behind you, airspace above you, and fuel in the fuel truck are absolutely useless!

Dwight

• Like 1

Ok, this is what I did Dwight, I kept those two folders AND the DLL's.  

I started at EGHI, started the plane and still have the hassle with the FMC keyboard.  I wrote down the sequence.

When I hit the DIR key I get a five letter nav code, I should have written it down, but when I want to enter EGTF I type the E and get 5B, then I hit backspace and type E, then get a 5, press E again and get a 0, backspace yet again and get an E and I can now enter EGTF.  I taught the G1000 for a couple of years, let me tell ya, it ain't supposed to do this but if they're using the default G1000 then I sure hope X-Plane fixes this someday.

Another major problem I have with X-Plane is ALL my small planes act like they're on slick ice, I mean it's almost impossible to take off in any one of them, the TBM included.  It spins around like it's on a weather vane, even at low taxi speeds, I used to fly real planes and I've never seen this.  This was both before I removed the plugins and after.  And I'm not even using weather.

So anyway, here's my logs.  I didn't look at them as I don't know what I'm looking for anyway.

Thanks and your help is very much appreciated.

GizmoLog.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt