[G1000] map screen/checklists bug

Bourrinopathe

Pushing the "back" button on the map page options displays the checklists page. It's not possible to go back to the original page.
Exiting the checklists page goes back to the map screen with the options menu.
Changing the pages with the outer knob does work but does not restore the correct map page.
Holding the CLR button brings the display back to the same map page + options - not to the original map page.

003a368d4ebae4670f809f5f38b11bba.jpg

(it's probably a known bug, I'm reporting it, just in case ;) )

----
Also, it might not be related, but when loading another plane after the Pocket Rocket, the G1000 PFD artificial horizon is not displayed (background stays black) (e.g. switching from the PR to the G1000 Skyhawk (LR)).
No issue switching from the PR to the TBM 900.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

20 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:

Pushing the "back" button on the map page options displays the checklists page. It's not possible to go back to the original page.
Exiting the checklists page goes back to the map screen with the options menu.
Changing the pages with the outer knob does work but does not restore the correct map page.
Holding the CLR button brings the display back to the same map page + options - not to the original map page.

003a368d4ebae4670f809f5f38b11bba.jpg

(it's probably a known bug, I'm reporting it, just in case ;) )

----
Also, it might not be related, but when loading another plane after the Pocket Rocket, the G1000 PFD artificial horizon is not displayed (background stays black) (e.g. switching from the PR to the G1000 Skyhawk (LR)).
No issue switching from the PR to the TBM 900.

Yup, something was messed up in our state tracker - it should be fixed in the next release, hopefully coming out in the next few days :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the patch!
There's still a slight issue with the latest version (v1.0.1) (I'm using XP 11.32r2): if I deselect the topo display on the map page, the BACK button is changed to the CHKLIST button.
It's possible to change the cluttering level and then remove the topo layer but when using the outer knob to change pages it gets stuck on the NRST page.
Switching the avionics off and back on can help but doesn't fix the NRST issue (stuck unless holding down the CLR button).

(the LCD effect is a really nice touch btw ;) )

Edited by Bourrinopathe
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 9:05 PM, Bourrinopathe said:

Hi there,

Is there any update on this issue?
It's not a show stopper but I keep getting stuck on the map page if I display/hide the terrain avoidance layer. Maybe there's a rough idea when the next patch/hotfix would be available?
 Thanks!

We should hopefully be able to get the VR graphical fix for the synthetic vision working this weekend, otherwise, we may split the update so we can get the other bug fixes (such as this) out!

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 5/4/2019 at 12:15 AM, Coop said:

We should hopefully be able to get the VR graphical fix for the synthetic vision working this weekend, otherwise, we may split the update so we can get the other bug fixes (such as this) out!

Any news here? Back Button still leaves you hung at resulted page. This seems to have been an issue for a long time.

JJL

7 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Any news here? Back Button still leaves you hung at resulted page. This seems to have been an issue for a long time.

JJL

We are restructuring our whole custom G1000 - Laminar G1000 interface with the SR22 and that will makes its way into the Pocket Rocket when it is out. This issue appears if you have clicked the "Map" key and then entered checklist without leaving that mode. If there is a different chain of events that caused you to get stuck, let us know. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Coop said:

We are restructuring our whole custom G1000 - Laminar G1000 interface with the SR22 and that will makes its way into the Pocket Rocket when it is out. This issue appears if you have clicked the "Map" key and then entered checklist without leaving that mode. If there is a different chain of events that caused you to get stuck, let us know. 

Excellent Coop, where it hangs me is, while in Map mode, I change to options and turn on NEXRAD and can't return from that page. It's almost like it doesn't register the click of that spot. Oh yeah, I am using Rift S VR and touch controllers.

John

• Like 1