TBM 900 v1.1.8 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1.8 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1.8 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

Improvements / New Features:

• New and much fancier headset model.

Bugfixes:

• Rain effects would cause screen flashing when reflection detail was above Minimal
  • Fixed broken baro minimums entry.
  • Tutorial arrows need to be able to render in VR.
  • When AUX BP AUTO engages, FUEL PRESS should extinguish when the engine driven pump is operating.
  • SVS impact rendering wasn't being drawn.
  • SVS on AMD GPUs was not drawing the sky correctly.
  • Increased propeller blade model twist, the old one was a bit too flat.
  • Intercepting NAV in OBS on the outbound portion of the OBS track didn't work right.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

This would be my first update as I just bought this like three days ago.  

Do I uninstall it first or run the installer over 1.1.7?

Many thanks.

Jack

Just run the installer.  It'll uninstall the old version automatically and then install the new version

hi keypad still a bit dodgy, still getting no icing effects and weather radar does not pick up anything now it used to pick up terrain in weather mode now i get nothing ,terrain radar seems to work fine.wether radar does still pick up the terrain

Edited by ebbsy1

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

It was worked on, and fixes were done with regards to the Mac issues, but still make a back up of the original TBM folder...just in case.  

I'm sorry to give you the news, but on 1.1.8 the misbehavior still on. Got something different when put rain effects back to ON.

Frame rates still showing 1 or 2 and AoA same thing as before..

My screen was like this when I switch rain effects to ON.

Frame rate showing was before the screen freeze.

tks

Marcelo

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 14.21.50.jpg

6 hours ago, skiselkov said:

@sd_flyer Going to need some more context. How and when did this crash happen? Can it be reproduced? Have you tested without extra plugins loaded? Is it specific to a particular scenery?

My plugins setup haven't changed since last several updates. Attached is exact route flown. CTD happens in cruise somewhere near LA or SD

KHAFMMMZ01.fms

20 hours ago, malenca said:

I'm sorry to give you the news, but on 1.1.8 the misbehavior still on. Got something different when put rain effects back to ON.

Frame rates still showing 1 or 2 and AoA same thing as before..

My screen was like this when I switch rain effects to ON.

Frame rate showing was before the screen freeze.

tks

Marcelo

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 14.21.50.jpg

I have this same problem that is shown in the image, just at the beginning of a flight the aircraft appears double, but at the second the aircraft appears normal.

He clarified: it only happens when the aircraft appears at the start of a flight and you can see for a second the duplicate cabin, then it is normal, this did not happen before the TBM900 started.

note fixed: disable effects of rain and ice.  The problem occurs with the effects of rain and ice ON.

My Xplane11 is version in Windows 10.   

Edited by Xpillo

3 hours ago, RRessler said:

I was curious about your specs as I have a 2017 iMac with Radeon Pro 580. I want to purchase the tbm900 add on if users are not having major issues with this system. I can’t seem to find a list showing the graphics cards affected. Thanks 

up to the 1.1.5 version was working just perfect...than we start to have this issue on the rain effect. Everything else is just perfect. This is one of the best acft for the x-plane yet....

Malenca, I wonder if I should wait till the Mac issue is resolved before purchase. Do you have the 2017 iMac with Radeon Pro 580, if so, is this the Mac you have that ran tbm900 fine until 1.1.6 update? Thanks for the info, hard to find anyone that is using my specs and what results they have had.

10 hours ago, RRessler said:

Malenca, I wonder if I should wait till the Mac issue is resolved before purchase. Do you have the 2017 iMac with Radeon Pro 580, if so, is this the Mac you have that ran tbm900 fine until 1.1.6 update? Thanks for the info, hard to find anyone that is using my specs and what results they have had.

I don't think you are going any problems. The only issue is probably the rain effect (mine is off and I can fly normally).

20 hours ago, vladd148 said:

Out of curiosity, how do you guys trim for level flight? Do you trim the ailerons or rudder? Or both? Even at cruise speed and altitude, the aircraft always seems to bank to the right without yaw  trim.

You should use rudder trim to remove any sideslip (keep the slip indicator centered). With the yaw damper on, this is taken care of automatically. Any remaining rolling tendencies can be fixed by either small amounts of aileron trim, or by use of the yoke. All aircraft have inherent rolling tendencies, especially those with a single nose-mounted engine. There will be slight differential fuel and payload weight between left and right, random air currents, engine torque and aileron trim effectiveness changes with airspeed, etc. Don't assume that you can take your hands off the controls and have the aircraft remain flying perfectly straight indefinitely. This is not the case in the simulator, nor is it the case IRL.

• 2 weeks later...

@skiselkov I am now a new owner of a copy from the TBM 900. But I can not use this Aircraft. I am getting CTD`s after installing the product.

First load of the aircraft everything is working fine, the turtorial is starting and I can activate the TBM 900.

After closing X-Plane 11 and starting it for a new flight I am getting a grey screen which is frozen after selecting the TBM in the menu and start flight.

So the Product is unusable and I reinstalled it right now 5 times. I need a fix for that.

Thank you..

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

@Carsten Sorry to hear you are having trouble. The grey background is a "flight recovery" screen - it happens when the TBM detects that the sim crashed on the last run and lets you put the aircraft back to where it was to continue the flight. However, it should show a little Yes/No question dialog in the center of the screen. Are you by any chance running a multi-monitor setup? If so, there might be an issue that the dialog is being shown off-screen (if the screen layout is sufficiently complicated, it can have trouble figuring out where the "center" of the entire desktop is). A quick workaround would be to switch X-Plane temporarily into windowed mode, load up the TBM and pick "No" from the flight recovery dialog, and then switch it back into multi-monitor mode as you would normally want to use. If this helps, can you please also describe the way you have your screens set up? I can try implementing a fix in future versions so it properly detects your monitor setup and shows the window dialog on the main monitor.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic