Landing Weight & Approach Speed Calculations?

Torbinator

Hi guys,

I have a question about the IXEG and real 733.

I was curious if the real 733 calculates / weighs itself for the landing weight at the destination, and then adjusts its vref for landing accordingly. I would assume once the pilots have entered the ZFW, the plane can read how much fuel it's burned and figure out how heavy it is during the flight?

And, does the IXEG do this?

One reason I ask is that there have been times I've done multiple touch & goes in v1.21, but I noticed the speeds for 30º & 40º flap on the approach speed page never changed. Should they update themselves IRL or in the IXEG? Or am I doing something wrong for it not to recalculate?

Thanks.

Edited by Torbinator

16 hours ago, Hotdawg said:

In the real airplane you have to manually update Vref as you burn off fuel.

And that is the way we model it, too. The "suggested" (QRH) Vref values on the approach page change with calculated weight, but once you "hardcopy" them into the MCDU they stay the same.

Cheers, Jan

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

And that is the way we model it, too. The "suggested" (QRH) Vref values on the approach page change with calculated weight, but once you "hardcopy" them into the MCDU they stay the same.

Cheers, Jan

woah.... is this the AXEG? :P

Edited by Torbinator
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

Cheers, Jan

OK, so I'm clear: The approach page vrefs will change "on the fly" as we continue along, but once I select the one I want, it then stays that way?

I couldn't find any performance tables in the included documentation. Am I missing it or is this something I'd go digging around online?

55 minutes ago, Torbinator said:

OK, so I'm clear: The approach page vrefs will change "on the fly" as we continue along, but once I select the one I want, it then stays that way?

I couldn't find any performance tables in the included documentation. Am I missing it or is this something I'd go digging around online?

1. Suggested VREFs speeds for each flap configuration will update automatically

2. Once you already selected & copied a suggested VREF it will be inserted to the speed tape.

2.1. suggested VREF speeds (point 1) will keep updating

2.2. BUT already selected VREF speed will not update automatically, you need to re-select & copy again if you want to update

note: entering an aircraft weight manually will make all VREFs for each flap configuration to be computed based on that WEIGHT and it will fix the configuration. You will have no longer suggested updates if any (point 2.1)

hope this clarifies