VR bug Trippy colours

rough_edges

Just now, Ozav8r said:

I'm having exactly the same issue as described by the OP. Getting the crazy coloration in all VR-menu's and any text is unreadable. The VR- mouse is also very slow to appear after selection and sometimes doesn't appear at all.

Cheers - Eivind

Good to know - this is at the top of our list trying to figure it out.

Had a little play with the Pocket Rocket OUTSIDE VR, and discovered your nifty little “side-bar” where you have access to aircraft settings. This is of course not visible or accessible in VR and hence I hadn’t seen it before (very rarely do ANYTHING outside VR these days). I discovered that there are some VERY intense colours used in the switch positions - deep green and intense red, and they are indeed the very same colours that corrupts the X-plane menu-system when operating the Pocket Rocket in VR, making access to the menus near impossible. If you manage to navigate out of the Pocket Rocket while remaining in VR and select any other aircraft, everything returns to normal. Is it possible that the there’s a “memory-leak” in the way you have coded the “side-bar” that causes the issue at hand?

Cheers - Eivind

4 hours ago, Ozav8r said:

Had a little play with the Pocket Rocket OUTSIDE VR, and discovered your nifty little “side-bar” where you have access to aircraft settings. This is of course not visible or accessible in VR and hence I hadn’t seen it before (very rarely do ANYTHING outside VR these days). I discovered that there are some VERY intense colours used in the switch positions - deep green and intense red, and they are indeed the very same colours that corrupts the X-plane menu-system when operating the Pocket Rocket in VR, making access to the menus near impossible. If you manage to navigate out of the Pocket Rocket while remaining in VR and select any other aircraft, everything returns to normal. Is it possible that the there’s a “memory-leak” in the way you have coded the “side-bar” that causes the issue at hand?

Cheers - Eivind

Weird, can you screenshot what you are seeing? That doesn't seem to happen in non-VR variants, so that is quite odd.

5 hours ago, Coop said:

Weird, can you screenshot what you are seeing? That doesn't seem to happen in non-VR variants, so that is quite odd.

I could certainly take some screenshots for you, even though I'm on a trip at the moment and won't be back until the weekend. My screenshots would be VERY similar to what is already documented on this thread though - deep greens and intense red in a gradually shifting palate. And the colours are VERY similar to the ones used in the buttons and logo in the "Settings and Load Manager" of the Pocket Rocket, accessed through the sidebar. This may well be a red herring, but by looking and what's different and unique about the Pocket Rocket vs other aircraft, the "Settings and Load Manager" is an area of "suspicion;-)

In the meantime we'll keep on enjoying the awesome performance of this little bird - never fails to put a smile on my face!!!

Cheers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozav8r said:

I could certainly take some screenshots for you, even though I'm on a trip at the moment and won't be back until the weekend. My screenshots would be VERY similar to what is already documented on this thread though - deep greens and intense red in a gradually shifting palate. And the colours are VERY similar to the ones used in the buttons and logo in the "Settings and Load Manager" of the Pocket Rocket, accessed through the sidebar. This may well be a red herring, but by looking and what's different and unique about the Pocket Rocket vs other aircraft, the "Settings and Load Manager" is an area of "suspicion;-)

In the meantime we'll keep on enjoying the awesome performance of this little bird - never fails to put a smile on my face!!!

Cheers

I'll also check this out over the next day or so. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/28/2019 at 7:59 PM, rough_edges said:

I'll also check this out over the next day or so. Thanks for the heads up.

Any update on this issue? Also curious if this is a problem for everyone in VR, regardless of whether you use Oculus, Vive or PiTools? And also FYI - there was no change in version 1.01.

Thanks and look forward to any news in cracking this - the Pocket Rocket is too much fun to have it sitting idle!

cheers

1 hour ago, Ozav8r said:

Any update on this issue? Also curious if this is a problem for everyone in VR, regardless of whether you use Oculus, Vive or PiTools? And also FYI - there was no change in version 1.01.

Thanks and look forward to any news in cracking this - the Pocket Rocket is too much fun to have it sitting idle!

cheers

We are still working on this issue - there is a bit more debug information, so log.txt and screenshots from 1.0.1 are very much appreciated in finding the root cause.

5 hours ago, Coop said:

We are still working on this issue - there is a bit more debug information, so log.txt and screenshots from 1.0.1 are very much appreciated in finding the root cause.

Tried with the new version of the rocket. Still getting the weird colors as documented above . I am now getting a hard crash to desktop this time. See my attached log for further info.

Log.txt

21 hours ago, Coop said:

No probs, I’ll send a log file and some screenshots tomorrow.

Cheers

We have identified the issue and it is looking to be related to the synthetic vision code. While we are working on a fix, I have created a patch plugin that includes everything except for synthetic vision. Please message me if you would like to try out this fix.

We are working on a fix to the synthetic vision code and hope to have a fix ready for that in the next update. Thank you for all your help and patience with identifying this issue!

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on this issue? Very frustrating that developers are charging good money for modules that don't work properly in VR, with no indication on the purchase page. Who ISN'T flying in VR these days?

This is the 3rd pay module in a month I've been burned on with VR issues. If there is a hot fix please email it over, thanks.

5 minutes ago, moespeeds said:

Any update on this issue? Very frustrating that developers are charging good money for modules that don't work properly in VR, with no indication on the purchase page. Who ISN'T flying in VR these days?

This is the 3rd pay module in a month I've been burned on with VR issues. If there is a hot fix please email it over, thanks.

Sent hotfix via PM. 

To everyone else: While we are waiting on the official fix, if you use VR and encounter these issues, please PM me so I can get you the hotfix!