Release Candidate 1

Oh, thats ok,  I am sure what Dhruv meant by horror is simply our humor around this area.

that is interesting as a system feature. actually, I feel that the hands-on control of a jet that weighs 53,000 Lbs, ( 24,000 kg)  is not fit for desirable. I like the thrust control to make me

safely approach the airspace at 180kt  or whatever value, not for sake of laziness

but for stability in approach. lower pilot workload in the already busy environment of instrument

approaches.  Anyways I am sure it wont be too difficult to manage speed on approaches. Can't wait for the challenge! 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why the "horror"???  :o :o Maybe I didn't understand that "horror" well because my english, but I would say THE MIRACLE!!! Do you know what is to have the sensation you are FLYING the plane? That you have to take care of it? Do you know how many times I almost were stalling because didn't pay attention to the throttle... or that I almost overspeed?

I was being sarcastic. I know all about having to keep an eye on the thrust levers - I'm halfway to a (real) CRJ-200 type rating.

I should have posted this instead of saying "the horror" :)

kevin_mcallister.jpg

I like the idea of having to calculate my TOD or watch my speed.

Since i never had a FMC that did more than just providing LNAV, i always

had to get those data by myself. And it worked perfect 98% of the time.

I even flew all the holdings by hand, with all it's different enterings, like

teardrop and so on.

All i used was HDG, ALT, rates and APP, when flying the "big" ones.

I always fly the MU and x738 with me setting the thrust manually and

i don't have a problem with it. The MU doesn't support it, at least never got

it to work, and the x738 or other planes are just too sensitive, when there

is a small gust when cruising. I hate it, when the engines go from 79%

to 82% to 80% to 81% to 83%...

So i'm setting it to 80% and all is fine.

Having a FMC that can fly departures and holding is a huge step forward,

at least for me :) And hopefully, i have to read the manual, cause most

aircrafts are just way to simple to handle, expept the B17. Just can't get it

to fly. I always crash when loading in flight or bearly make it into the air

because i can't steer on ground, even after watching all those vids. :-\

Ok.... the CRJ completed successfully its tutorial flight and I toke lots of photos to explain how fly this plane from LESA to LEVC... The plane is finished and the only thing needed is authorization from Navigraph, do this tutorial file.. and Cameron make the installer (he already has the plane)... sooooo... hope very soon you can fly this baby..  :)

levc.jpg

levc_a.jpg

levc00.jpg

levc01.jpg

levc02.jpg

levc03.jpg

levc04.jpg

levc05.jpg

levc06.jpg

levc07.jpg

levc08.jpg

levc09.jpg

levc10.jpg

see ya!! I am going to relax a bit because it is being too hard finish the plane...

Looks great Javier!

Will you guys be working on future projects together or is this a one time event? Any chance we will be seeing that A320 afterall? :)

What I am going to do after this is take some days of vacations FOR SURE!!! Still the CRJ hasn't come out and you are thinking about the 320.. hahaha.. relaaaax!!!  :o

Looks great Javier!

Will you guys be working on future projects together or is this a one time event? Any chance we will be seeing that A320 afterall? :)

What I am going to do after this is take some days of vacations FOR SURE!!! Still the CRJ hasn't come out and you are thinking about the 320.. hahaha.. relaaaax!!!  :o

You're right. What was I thinking?! :-[ :o

No doubt the CRJ will provide plenty of entertainment for monts to come! Enjoy your break, you've deserved it!

LOOKS GREAT.

One question...

How will this perform on a computer with a dual core processor 8gb of ram and a 257mb video card?

Thanks,

Maxime

Well I have made testings of the CRJ in different computers and their performance flying are this more or less:

top settings:

Imac Bootcamp Dualcore i3 3.20Ghz ATI 5670 512Mb windows 7 64bits 4gb ram: 23-35fps

Imac MacOss Dualcore i3 3.20Ghz ATI 5670 512Mb : 30-45fps

PC Q6600 @3.40ghz 8gb ram Nvidia 285 windows 7 64: 27-35fps

I7 2600K @4.6ghz 8gb ram Nvidia 580 windows 7 64bits: 70-80fps

I also put on a very bad laptop 2.2ghz dual core with a nvidia for laptop... and I had 22frames on LOWI without normal maps and high textures...

with your computer you can fly it... but is not the desired configuration. The screens on this plane eats lots of frames... and the big thing is you have more frames on MAC and Linux than on windows... Philipp was investigating about why is that but still he didn't find why. Hope we can find the solution to have more fps on windows.

But if you don't put the higher configuration then you will have good frames.. and won't loose too much quality inside.

I have a question that might seem trivial to some, but is important to me. Plus, I don't think its been addressed yet. Will this aircraft have realistic sounds? When you push the throttle to takeoff thrust, is it going to sound like an actual CRJ-200 spool up?

I think highly accurate engine sounds is something that has been lacking in X-Plane.

Anyway, depending upon the final price of this and the Saab, I may have to make an (impossible?) purchase choice between the two. Awesome work, Javier. Enjoy your vacation!

I have a question that might seem trivial to some, but is important to me. Plus, I don't think its been addressed yet. Will this aircraft have realistic sounds? When you push the throttle to takeoff thrust, is it going to sound like an actual CRJ-200 spool up?

I think highly accurate engine sounds is something that has been lacking in X-Plane.

Anyway, depending upon the final price of this and the Saab, I may have to make an (impossible?) purchase choice between the two. Awesome work, Javier. Enjoy your vacation!

At this day and time, the sounds are using X-Plane's default sound engine with custom sounds of our own. That said, we just had a discussion yesterday where we are evaluating our options regarding sound at this time to bring the experience full circle. No promises that such an upgrade will be made in time for release day, but if it is you all will be the first to know! :)

At this day and time, the sounds are using X-Plane's default sound engine with custom sounds of our own. That said, we just had a discussion yesterday where we are evaluating our options regarding sound at this time to bring the experience full circle. No promises that such an upgrade will be made in time for release day, but if it is you all will be the first to know! :)

Sweet, I hope you guys decide to implement new engine sounds. If not now, you can always post them later - after the release. Honestly, the default jet sounds in X-Plane are pathetic. It sounds like you're flying a vacuum cleaner instead of an airliner.

Likely distance to release now the aircraft is 'finished'

imminent | hours | days

(delete as applicable).

Or is feature creep the new enemy?

I know it'll be ready when it's ready, but it's ready...  :o

and I need to repaint it :o

Manuals and general distribution setup. Days is applicable. :)