Cannot exit from TBM 900 ver 1.1.7

Muddie2202

Previously under version 1.1.6 there were no issues and the program ended cleanly. It should be noted that this problem has only arisen since upgrading to ver 1.1.7

Since upgrading to version 1.1.7 of the TBM900 I am no longer able to end X-Plane cleanly i.e. using "File" "Quit" and the only way to terminate the program is with the task manager locating X-plane and ending the task

Now in suspecting that there may have been something wrong with my either my add-ons or with X-Plane, I removed the add-ons and found no change with the TBM900

I then proceeded with the task or completely removing X-Plane and reloading it again. I  have reloaded the TBM900 ver 1.1.7 again with the same problems of not being able to end the program cleanly.

I have since loaded the add-ons back into the program and it it behaves normally for all other aircraft except for the TBM900 ver 1.1.7

Log.txt

Edited by Muddie2202

Try something a little drastic...if you don't mind losing an airframe.

Close the sim completely.

Uninstall the aircraft using the TBM uninstaller found in X-Plane 11/X-Aviation.  

After running the uninstaller, delete the Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM 900 folder to make sure any leftover files are gone.

Delete the Output/TBM900 folder.

Run the installer.

Reload the sim selecting any default aircraft.  Switch to the TBM.  Try to shut the sim down.

If that works, restart the sim.  Select the TBM in the Aircraft Selection screen.  Wait for it to load.  Shut the sim down.

Post back with results.

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

Try something a little drastic...if you don't mind losing an airframe.

Close the sim completely.

Uninstall the aircraft using the TBM uninstaller found in X-Plane 11/X-Aviation.  

After running the uninstaller, delete the Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM 900 folder to make sure any leftover files are gone.

Delete the Output/TBM900 folder.

Run the installer.

Reload the sim selecting any default aircraft.  Switch to the TBM.  Try to shut the sim down.

If that works, restart the sim.  Select the TBM in the Aircraft Selection screen.  Wait for it to load.  Shut the sim down.

Post back with results.

Hi Goran many thanks for your assistance.

I removed the TBM and any folders totally

I then reinstalled the TBM again which took quite a while due to the time zone LOL

I then restarted X-Plane and pick any aircraft and went in and then exited with no problems

I then went back in and picked an aircraft and went in then i selected the TBM and then attempted to exit and the program again would not terminate, i could still the surrounding sounds but i was not able to do any thing apart terminating through file manager.

I did not have any issues at all when i was running version 1.1.6

Ken

Log.txt

11 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Found something interesting.  Can you somehow remove or disconnect Airport Navigator from X-Plane, and then try again?

I did as you suggested and it has made no difference at all. I then removed all plug in's apart from those added by the TBM900 to see if this would assist but alas this has made no difference at all. It still requires the termination of X-plane via task manager 

Time to get serious.  

Sorry to make you do this, but can you download the demo of X-Plane and install it on your desktop.  No scenery.  Bare naked X-Plane.  Then install the TBM in that, and try again.

I'm sorry to ask you to do this, but you are literally the only person with this specific problem.  
The reason I am asking you to do this is because if X-Plane does not close on the demo version, then it's a 100% certainty that it's some kind of hardware or software (Windows itself) issue you're experiencing.

Edited by Goran_M

11 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Time to get serious.  

Sorry to make you do this, but can you download the demo of X-Plane and install it on your desktop.  No scenery.  Bare naked X-Plane.  Then install the TBM in that, and try again.

I'm sorry to ask you to do this, but you are literally the only person with this specific problem.  
The reason I am asking you to do this is because if X-Plane does not close on the demo version, then it's a 100% certainty that it's some kind of hardware or software (Windows itself) issue you're experiencing.

Ok I will try just to let you know that I am using the steam version of X-Plane as well

I will down load the program and try that and let you know the outcome

Yeah, I saw you using Steam in your log.  That's why I suggested downloading the trial.  Otherwise, I would just tell you to move your X-Plane folder out of the Program Files folder.  Austin does warn against installing the sim in Program Files, but I don't know what effect it would have when installed via Steam.

9 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Yeah, I saw you using Steam in your log.  That's why I suggested downloading the trial.  Otherwise, I would just tell you to move your X-Plane folder out of the Program Files folder.  Austin does warn against installing the sim in Program Files, but I don't know what effect it would have when installed via Steam.

when I click on the link I am given a number of options, if i run X-plane now it runs the steams version straight away. if i try and install a second copy of x-plane it wants my original disc 1. with steam i dont have any this

15 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Would it hurt to copy the x-plane folder to another drive and try and run out of the program folder?

50 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

You could try that if you like.  Failing that, head on over to the discord and DM Saso (totoritko) directly.

I just had a thought about the time that this problem started to occur I installed java onto my machine. Not sure if that you should have anything to do with the issue. But i have remove the Java from the machine and i am currently copying a copy of the x-plane that i have on another disk back to see if that has rectified the problem

12 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Good luck.  Please post back the results.

Well that didnt go as to plan. steam is having a hissy fit and want to reload the entire game again so i will have to kick it off and start all over again tomorrow. mean while i will reload every thing again

thanks for your assistance tonight i will let you know how i get on

Edited by Muddie2202

We'll get you sorted out.  It definitely looks like an isolated case.  Perhaps in the morning, try a scandisk or error check and see if Windows has some corrupt files.  There are posts about that in here where people were having problems, then after running the scandisk, everything worked.  We'll try and pick it up tomorrow

13 hours ago, Goran_M said:

We'll get you sorted out.  It definitely looks like an isolated case.  Perhaps in the morning, try a scandisk or error check and see if Windows has some corrupt files.  There are posts about that in here where people were having problems, then after running the scandisk, everything worked.  We'll try and pick it up tomorrow

Good morning, SUCCESS at last normality has been restored.

Steam has question marks going forward as to whether i will continue with it. 

Ok Steam wanted to reload X-Plane again from start which was annoying to say the least. So i had no choice, X-Plane finished loading this morning successfully so after a long night X-plane was up and running. X-Plane started and operated as expected. I then downloaded the TBM900 and found X-plane working again as it should be and when closing the program it do as should do. I then reloaded all of my plugins and the program is working fine.

I believe i found the culprit that caused the problem, and that is JAVA by Oracle, I have since removed this as I dont believe that I require this and currently everything is running fine. I am not sure what the impact of Java had on the TBM900

Thank you very much for you help it is greatfully appreciated