emergency landing right gear fail tbm 1.1.7

ebbsy1

hi thx for the amazing aircraft really enjoying flying the tbm

hear`s the story took off from cyam to kbos did the preflight maintenance engine landing gear everything as new apart from brake pads witch read as good.startup and taxi all went well take off was a bit dodgy swerving left right after about 50 knots but managed to get in the air 85 knots.flight went smooth climbed to 29000 and followed the flight plan from simbrief no issue.decent into boston was 1500 fpm with no over speed and about 5   miles from the approach turn i started to slow to 125.turn went well and i tried a slightly different procedure for me were i dropped  the landing gear on the glide slope at 1500 ft. nose and left gear lowered successfully but the right gear stuck. i tried the emergency gear lever on the floor but this did not solve the failed landing gear',also i tried raising and lowering the landing gear but the right gear did not lower.i did a quite successful emergency landing(witch i streamed on youtube) landed on the 2 wheels no probs until almost stopped then the plane veird off to the right slowly and the wing slowly dropped to the floor. i then powered down went to the maintenance tab  could not check the gear as it said the gear was still retracted so i reloaded the plain at Boston and the plane looked ok checked the maintenance and air-frame engine and gear and all was like new 

Thanks for sharing! 

I think you did a great job with the landing and were able to walk away in one piece. :)

The gear damage really seemed to happen during your takeoff, seems your gear slightly touched the ground again right after liftoff. By the way, did you notice you had accidentally selected full flaps for takeoff? That may have contributed to the general instability.

Now to the emergency gear extension handle: this is actually a hydraulic hand pump handle, which means you have to pump your gear down, actuating the handle up and down repeatedly. (and you have to make sure the bypass selector is pulled, but you did that anyway) 

But nevertheless, nice job on your landing! 

thx also left the yaw damper on for landing as well  din`t notice till the replay.as for the flaps i done a few flights in the tbm and generally only use 1 notch of flaps but still tend to swerve on the runway on take off, that might be down to xplane as i have to recalibrate my controllers every time i start the pc and run xplane.but like i said in the earlier post when i reloaded xplane at boston and checked the maintenance tab everything was like new no damage to anything, as for the  failure ive put it down to the landing gear icing up as it was pretty cold there today and as for the damage it was`nt actually a to hard landing so i got away with it.been simming for about 7 years now on and off first unscripted emergency landing ive done and loved every minute of it .after a smooth flight felt quite realistic to have a unplanned failure on the approach  and having to react in real time.

Edited by ebbsy1