Update issue

divinglyc

Hi! Thanks for updating to v1.1.7.

However, during installation, I have some issue of copying Gismo files. If I press "Retry", then it stayed there. If I press "Ignore", the installation finally would go on, but I don't know if there will be something wrong in the future. Please have a look at the pictures.

Thanks for your help! 

TBM1.PNG

tbm2.PNG

tbm3.PNG

13 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

This error is the exact error that appears when X plane is running while updating an aircraft. 

Thanks for your comment and help. I have to clarify again that I didn't run X plane while updating because it was the first thing I did(updating TBM) after turning on my PC.

I manually uninstall it and restart my PC. Then I install the latest updater again and it's normal now.

Thanks for all your help.

I have to update the latest Issue now.

I have successfully updated to v1.1.7. However, after loading the plane, the side bar and the menu bar keeps flashing all the time in the VC view, but it's normal in external view.

This does not happen when loading other planes.

Please help me, thanks a lot!

ps. I will attach the video later.

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

Please update your graphics card drivers.  You're using an old version of the drivers, and this version of the TBM exploits any bugs the old drivers have.

Current version is 419.35 and you're using 399.24

Hi! My situation is exactly the same as xpst so I would not post my video...

However, after updating to the latest driver, it is still the same.

I now attach my log.txt for your reference.

Thanks a lot!!

Log.txt

Just curious.  That yellow circle under your cursor.  Is that always there or only when you're recording?

Regarding the problem, can you try removing all plugins except Gizmo, and then see if the problem persists?  

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening, but it's a bit of a mystery for now.  I have a Windows machine with Nvidia GPU as well, and all is fine on my PC.

I expected you would ask me to remove all plugins ;) ...

OK, I did it, only Gizmo and TBM left, unfortunately no change.
I can live without the AoA thingy. But 1.1.7 definitely broke it, this didn't happen before.

Log.txt

(yes Goran, the yellow circle is added by the video recorder)

Edited by xpst

I am REALLY sorry to be asking you this, but I have to, so we can isolate what is happening.  Can you install a completely clean copy of X-Plane, no scenery, no plug ins, nothing.  JUST the sim, on another hard drive (if you have the space), and then install the TBM ONLY into that, and see if the problem persists.  I sincerely apologize for making you jump through hoops, because this is not what you paid for when purchasing the TBM, but it will really help us find out the cause of a problem only a few of you have.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ghislain said:

Hello Goran, I did as you asked and installed another copy of X-plane. I installed the TBM and the issue is not there. Is there any other tests you would like me to run?

Regards,

--

Ghislain Dufresne

First, can you try what @tango4 did and reboot your pc and see if the problem goes away on the original install.

If not, try this:

add your plug ins, into the clean install, one at a time, and start x plane after adding each one, until the problem presents itself. If/when it does, please post back with what plugin causes it. 

Edited by Goran_M

On my main X-Plane install, I had rebooted my computer but the problem was still there.

On my new test X-Plane install, I ran a few tests. I did not install any plugins yet. But... as soon as I go in Settings and change Reflection Detail from minimal to low, the problem appears. If I put it back to minimal, the problem goes away.

I hope this helps.