Sign in to follow this  
robe810106

TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000 - CTD

Dear ones,

I am experiencing constant CTD since I purchased the TBM. I fact, I have not been able to complete a flight. During the cruise, the sound rattles for a second and then X-Plane crashes and goes to the desktop.

I do not have any add-on scenery,  no plug-ins except Gizmo. I have verified the  integrity of the local files using steam and no luck, the thing keeps crashing. Re-installed several times.

In the log (attached) appears to be: "TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000"

System info is:

i7 7700K, 16GB RAM, GTX1070 and X-Plane is running on a SSD.  Temperatures are normal (water cooled).

Any further info, please do not hesitate to contact.

Best regards.

Roberto.

Log.txt

I don't have the steam version, so not sure if you can do this, but is it possible for you to copy the X-Plane folder out of your steam folder and maybe on the desktop, then trying again.

X-Plane does have some minor problems running from within the Program Files folder, particularly with the TBM.

Hi Goran,

I moved X-Plane 11 folder to a different drive, where games are out of "program files". Steam does not allow two libraries on the same drive (as far as I know). TBM crashed on the parking, so no changes.

But, I tried something that allowed me to complete a flight, at least for this time. Same route as before and no CTD. Considering that this type of CTD is scenario related i checked  the "global scenary" folder properties and it was as a "read only". I unticked the check box and tried again the flight with no crashes this time. Probably is too early to reach a conclusion. I will keep testing and if it does not crash again for the same reason I will return the folder to the SSD and I may reactivate some plug-ins.

I will report soon.

Regards.

Roberto.

Hi again Goran,

A little update about my case. I have completed 3 or 4 flights more with no issues. Except in the second attempt where I had a CTD on the ramp. I went back to the "Global Scenery" folder and untick the read-only box. I Restarted X-plane and no further issues so far. What I am doing is perform this step before every flight.

Trying to dig a bit more, the read-only box in the folder properties is not actually ticked. It has a black square. As far as I know, this means unknown status. I have checked from the command console with "dir /ar" on the XP11 root folder and I haven't found any file marked as a read-only. 

It is really weird but this method works for me. I hope this helps finding the reason of this annoying error.

Best regards.

Roberto.

I got this exact same error on a flight this evening:

TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

The TBM was behaving fine for a full hour of flight time; then without warning, X-Plane crashed to desktop.  The square in the Read-only box has nothing to do with anything... it is only there as a reminder that folders cannot be set to Read-Only in Windows (only the files within can).  Notice that to the right of Read-only it also says "(Only applies to files in folder)".

Getting back to the TBM CTD, these crashes are really starting to get frustrating.  I know the aircraft is wonderfully complex; but it seems every new patch introduces a new way to kill the simulator (how thoroughly are these patches being tested before they're unleashed to the public?)

We put the call out to random volunteers, as well as our regular streamers who test builds, willing to test the TBM every time an update gets built.  The last callout went out today.

image.png

They are definitely thoroughly tested.  Going by the number of support posts here, compared to the number of sales, these errors are isolated to a small group of people.  Personally, I have yet to experience an exception handler error, but I also don't have many plugins or ortho installed, so the error could be anything from a PC build to corrupted scenery being installed, to a rogue plugin (free or payware).  

If it's really getting frustrating for you, you could install a completely clean, scenery free, plugin free installation of X-Plane on another drive.  Then if you have a crash with ANY add on in the original install, simply install that add on into the clean X-Plane, and see if the crash happens there.  If it does not, then the problem lies with your original X-Plane installation.  If it DOES crash in the clean version, then it's the aircraft OR X-Plane itself, in which case we do a follow up and either fix the add on or provide Laminar with a report.  

With aircraft getting more and more complex, it might be an idea to have those 2 X-Plane installs as a just in case.  I have 3 of them.

Edited by Goran_M

Hi Goran,

To help bump this up : yet another "Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000".

In 1.1.6 I experienced one before on the tarmac, this time during landing. And I previously had several others with 1.1.4x.

I have the feeling they don't help, but I attached one more log.txt. I really hope you can find why this problem occurs.

I don't think I repeat some action in particular when the CTDs occur, it seems quite random.

As I already said before, I only have XPUIPC/XPWideFS and the TB900 plugins. Only standard laminar scenery.

Log.txt

Unfortunately I'm having the same issues. Sometimes I can fly for an hour or more, othertimes I get a crash within 15 minutes.

Latest log attached. The METAR and TAF imports also seem to be failing (I have xEnviro installed if that matters).

I tried to diable Terrain Radar and Saitek Panel (to avoid the screen issue) and teh sim crashed a few minutes later.

Log.txt

52 minutes ago, detheridge02 said:

Unfortunately I'm having the same issues. Sometimes I can fly for an hour or more, othertimes I get a crash within 15 minutes.

Latest log attached. The METAR and TAF imports also seem to be failing (I have xEnviro installed if that matters).

I tried to diable Terrain Radar and Saitek Panel (to avoid the screen issue) and teh sim crashed a few minutes later.

Log.txt

Would I be asking too much if I asked you to remove xEnviro and try again?

I showed Saso this post, and he's going to investigate whether anything in any weather add on could be causing this.  
Same thing with the Saab.  It'll crash when run with xEnviro, and Andrey, from xEnviro found out it was, indeed his software causing it when run with the Saab.