Update V 1.1.6 Unusable on MacOs

jwhicks54

Have owned TBM 900 since December and the plan has run fine on a MacOS (Sierra 10.12.6,  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M)--FPS-low 20's and as high as low 30's depending on scenery).  Previous version (TBM 1.1.4c) used last night with no issues.  Downloaded new version, uninstalled using X-aviation uninstaller.  Installed new version, and frame rates are 1 FPS or less--making the plane completely usable.  The difference between last night and today is only the new version of TBM 900--nothing else has been added to Xplane.  So also mention that I am running plane 11.32r2 (TBM 1.1.4c) worked fine last night on this version. 

Impossible to load the latest TBM (1.1.6) on x-plane.

tried to install already 3 times and when it loads, frame rate is 1...Uninstall and installed again with no changes....

Any idea....??

Mac, OS 10.14.3 and X-plane 10.32,

Before with the version 1.1.4c was running with no issues

did a completely fresh install, removing the TBM 900 folder from the X-plane output folder.  When I loaded the aircraft, it automatically started the tutorial.  I have uploaded a screen capture and you can see the FPS is 20.  When I exited the tutorial, the FPS went to 1 FPS.  Should also note, when I removed the TBM 900 folder from the X-plane Output folder, started the sim and TBM 900 starts with the tutorial, I then click on the Plugin menu, and try remove the rain and ice effects, when I click on the off button, X-plane crashes to desktop (see images below)   I have attached the Crash report and Log.txt filesTBM900_4.thumb.png.3feb021e89d186727c75e69b6f11eb3d.png

TBM900_6.png

TBM900_10.png

Crash Report.rtf

Log.txt

Temporary fix--remove the following folder from TBM900/plugins/systems/data/librain

Plane now loads and I am getting the usual 20FPS on my machine.  Developers--the Librain effects are fantastic, but there is a known problem on Macs--the effect brings the computer to its knees--this is the same in FF 757 and 767 and also in the Zibo mod--For Mac installations why is the librain effect turned on by default?  or maybe it should not have been in the installation files?  Anyway for now it works.

Temporary fix that works-- goto  Xplane 11 folder, then Output/TBM900/effects.cfg

If you open with a text editor it looks like below--change rain_qual =1 to =0

then save.  It is a work around until they fix

=========================================

# libacfutils configuration file - DO NOT EDIT!
heatblur = true
rain_qual = 1    
reflections = true
warn_fps = true

I would like to use the beautiful TBM900 for an online event, so frame rates are key (way over any raindrop or heat blur whats-o-ever :-P).

Since I'm on a mac, reading this thread, do you recommend the upgrade already, taking the tips about the effects.cfg and librain into account, or should I stay at 1.3 (which is already a struggle fps-wise) for now?

All the best,

Sander

Edited by Mindyourstep

We're making a little progress on the Mac issues.  It seems to be isolated to SOME Mac systems.  I'll post back when I know more.  Just bare with us.

For those having issues, can you clarify if you are using nvidia or AMD GPU?

Edited by Goran_M

the change to rain_equal=0 confirmed that works.

Another thing observed is IF you use the AoA indicator (top of the glareshield extended) then the frame rate drops again to 1 or 2, if you don't use it frame rate is on range of 20+.

The animation on landing gear is fixed also...

A lot of misbehaviors on the updates....but was working fine on 1.1.4 and previous ones...

Mac, OS 10.14.3 and X-plane 10.32,

Hopefully the team gets everything done as before.

Similar issue:

during flight only, i.e. Not on ground: go to outside view (shift 8) and zoom out. Frame rate drops to 1-2. Go back to inside view (shift 9) and recovery is instantly back to 40+ frames/sec.

I also had one CTD when in TBM900 plugin tried to switch rain effects off. CTD was immediately after moving the switch.

Using Radeon Pro 580 with 8 GB VRAM

This looks more and more like an isolated case to some Mac users.  I've had a few users on Mac telling me they get no fps drop, and then a few saying they lose as much as 10fps when they enable the AoA.  Saso thinks it may be a GPU issue, but it's still yet to be confirmed.  We're looking into it.

Update on 1.1.7

Still same behavior on Mac. With rain effects OFF frames are consistent on range of 28 (my rig) and if turned ON then frame drop to 1. Same as if AoA is ON.

Also, notice that the "beacon" light on nav light is not working anymore (when engine OFF and nav lights ON, doesn't flash as before but nav lights off then is works, I think this is the correct way no? Little bit confused after the updates) any changes on this?

Mac Pro, OS 10.14.3, Radeon Vega FE 16gb LC, RAM 64mb, X-plane 10.32R.

Edited by malenca

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 7:10 PM, robder said:

Similar issue:

during flight only, i.e. Not on ground: go to outside view (shift 8) and zoom out. Frame rate drops to 1-2. Go back to inside view (shift 9) and recovery is instantly back to 40+ frames/sec.

I also had one CTD when in TBM900 plugin tried to switch rain effects off. CTD was immediately after moving the switch.

Using Radeon Pro 580 with 8 GB VRAM

This still seems to be an issue. Any news?