Cameron

Cessna 310L v1.0.9 Update Released!

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.9 update for the Cessna 310L. All customers who have purchased the Cessna 310L up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the Cessna 310L from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.9 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original Cessna 310L download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Rebuilt from scratch Navomatic 400 Autopilot: PULL-TURN now functional. Attitude control works with the pitch angle of the artificial horizon (no more vs speed). The OMNI mode now needs to be in the adequate mode (FRONT or BACK) for radials to be intercepted.
  • Fuel and weight balance can now be configured while in flight (This is so one can recover a flight in case of a crash to desktop).
  • New magnetic compass added.
  • A Headset has been integrated into the aircraft. When clicked, attenuates the noise, especially the high pitch sound. It does not affect radio communications, alarms and beacon sounds.
  • New sounds: Mixture handles, fuel pumps and avionics.
  • Brighter cockpit gauges lights.
  • Navigation and beacon lights now illuminate the runway.
  • ILS Glideslope Flag fixed.
  • Side windows reflection are toggled in conjunction with the windshield from the load chart.
  • Reworked Glass Reflections.
  • Added brake pedals animation.
  • Added sunscreens animation.
  • New engines Ignition system. Engines are now susceptible to outside temperatures and cold/warm starts. Primer switch now behaves like it's supposed to. Engine overflown is now modeled as well as rough idle at low temperatures starts.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 3

Hi guys! how are you? i buy the cessna 310 L some time ago i love it .....flying the 1.08 no problem...i just download the new version 1.09 but i have a problem..i can click in all switches but when i try to click in the MAGNETO SWITCHES i can´t. I try to reinstall all again but It appears a doble arrow in magnetos whwn i try to click. Can you please help me? because i cant start the aicraft. Greetings for all of you!. ....
Pd i forgot to tell you i can´t click in the upside litle bar of magnetos switches neither...(Sorry my bad english)

Wow, thanks, this wonderful plane gets better and better :)

I really love the new subtle reflections. And I can fly with green windows now! :D

I will test all the new features thoroughly, but for now I can co confirm the same problem Ezaviation has - the magneto switches and the bar above them don't work. But you can still fire up the engine and fly.

EDIT:

But I'm also no sure about the custom starting mechanic. I did change the weather to -23C and it still started immediately up just by pressing the engine start button and worked totally fine during the takeoff and flight.

Edited by tADEUS73

Same with me. Magneto switches don't work.  Neither does the bar above them.  Also, the bar above the battery and alternator switches does not work.  

BTW, I'm on a Mac - although I wouldn't expect that to matter.

I also tried a re-install, but it made no difference. I also checked that there were no "failures" in X-Plane - all systems fixed.

My bad. The fix has been sent for it to be uploaded to the server. It was a syntax error.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by Digital Replica
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Digital Replica said:

My bad. The fix has been sent for it to be uploaded to the server. It was a syntax error.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks!! waiting for the fix!! please advise when is available! greetings!

5 hours ago, Ezaviation said:

Thanks!! waiting for the fix!! please advise when is available! greetings!

Sorry if its a dumb question, but its ready to download? because i download again the installer and still have the same issue!! Greetings for all of you !

Hm, it's Sunday, so be patient and wait until Monday. I'm sure Cameron will tackle it as soon as he can, so let's not begrudge him the weekend.

• Upvote 1

Funnily enough, Daemotron, I thought about this later.  Yes, you are almost certainly correct.  Maybe this will be pushed out as 1.0.91, and there will be an email to customers.  Cameron normally does this, and it is appreciated that we do get notice of all updates.

Did some rounds around Mallorca, oh my do I love this little devil :D

I guess it was a thing already in the prior patches but also realized the cowl flaps setting actually has an influence on the temperature indicator and it changes very gradually and naturally.

Well I also managed to mess up one of my engines, by (I guess) overusing the primer during low temperature. How do I get rid of the fuel? Dry motoring? How, when the condition lever automatically goes up when I'm starting the engine?

Wow, a short guide on the new engine operation would be great for piston newbies like me, because when I try to google piston-related questions I'm only getting topics with tens of sides of arguing about the magical rituals around the engines no one can agree on, lol :D

5 minutes ago, tADEUS73 said:

Did some rounds around Mallorca, oh my do I love this little devil :D

I guess it was a thing already in the prior patches but also realized the cowl flaps setting actually has an influence on the temperature indicator and it changes very gradually and naturally.

Well I also managed to mess up one of my engines, by (I guess) overusing the primer during low temperature. How do I get rid of the fuel? Dry motoring? How, when the condition lever automatically goes up when I'm starting the engine?

Wow, a short guide on the new engine operation would be great for piston newbies like me, because when I try to google piston-related questions I'm only getting topics with tens of sides of arguing about the magical rituals around the engines no one can agree on, lol :D

Crank the engine that is suspected of being overflown without priming it and with fuel pumps off.  Do that for 4 to 7 second at a time, it will depend on how much extra fuel is in the cylinders.  At low temperatures expect a rough idle until the engine warms up and remember to turn on the Auxiliary fuel pump on a soon as the engine starts. 

The condition lever going up automatically of x-plane that I still can solve. But is one of my priorities.

• Like 1