TBM 900 v1.1.6 Update Released!

Cameron

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

It's just 2 of us.  Toto and myself made it.  Cameron (Owner of X-Aviation) published it, and Ben Russel provided the DRM.  

Toto usually hangs out in the discord and helps with support while I try to do what I can in here.

By all means, join the discord.

Thanks Goran. Now I have the clearer picture of the TMB team. Thank for the link, and yes I will join in. Ben was busy yesterday with revision and doing a great job. You have been fantastic too. Hopefully, Toto is so bombarded on Discord that he is unable to focus on the TBM, and I won’t add to it but may add what is relavent and help for him. As I did two years ago, making the decision to shift my focus from Energy to Architecture, making the move to full time Aircraft creation for him may be a tough one, but I will do my part to contribute financially. Producing only Study Level Aircraft would separate Hotstart from all the rest of the GA aircraft producers. Myself, I would love to see a Phenom 300. 

Thanks again for you and Toto are doing for the Sim Community.

11 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

I did complete  2 hours flight in11.32R2 no problems whatsoever !

Would you be so kind and share the flight plan so others could emulate it and see if Hardware, XP settings, etc may have contributed to any issues? This will really help Goran and Toto in their efforts to make the TBM a flawless Study Level aircraft.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, MrScott said:

Would you be so kind and share the flight plan so others could emulate it and see if Hardware, XP settings, etc may have contributed to any issues? This will really help Goran and Toto in their efforts to make the TBM a flawless Study Level aircraft.

Thanks.

KDEN - KSEZ  FQF J10-J128 HBU J10 RSK J10 FLG Both KDEN and KSEZ are add on airports ( purchased them at org store)

42 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

KDEN - KSEZ  FQF J10-J128 HBU J10 RSK J10 FLG Both KDEN and KSEZ are add on airports ( purchased them at org store)

Thanks. Although KDEN and KSEZ are much nicer than the default, I would assume no negative impact of the TBM experience. For Alt, What SID did you depart on, initial ALT and FL Enroute, and I assume the RNAV (GPS RWY 3) into Sedona?

Thanks.

Thanks. Although KDEN and KSEZ are much nicer than the default, I would assume no negative impact of the TBM experience. For Alt, What SID did you depart on, initial ALT and FL Enroute, and I assume the RNAV (GPS RWY 3) into Sedona?
Thanks.

Yes everything was fine . There was some moderate turbulence due to Active Sky but AP handled pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do my initial flight planning in Sky Vector then then load it in SimBrief which will export the plan to FMS format to load straight into the G1000. I'm not comfortable with the Mouse scroll wheel action but I'm working on mapping my TM FCS to handle all this, hopefully soon. I just need some more time inside the TBM getting all the settings right and making sure I'm not doing something wrong or out of sequence. 

If we can share FMS plans with loaded enroute alt it will make it very straight forward for each of use to emulate the trip and provide feedback when something unexpected occurs.

18 minutes ago, MrScott said:

I do my initial flight planning in Sky Vector then then load it in SimBrief which will export the plan to FMS format to load straight into the G1000. I'm not comfortable with the Mouse scroll wheel action but I'm working on mapping my TM FCS to handle all this, hopefully soon. I just need some more time inside the TBM getting all the settings right and making sure I'm not doing something wrong or out of sequence. 

If we can share FMS plans with loaded enroute alt it will make it very straight forward for each of use to emulate the trip and provide feedback when something unexpected occurs.

Sorry I have deleted it already, what left is log from smartCARS. 

I just did 4 short flight tests during 2h30 in a row over KLAS, Grand Canyon/airports, everything works well, if it continues this way without any CTD, I'll finally be able to make a KLAX to LFQQ (France) around 4900 mn, as planned!

Thank you for this update!

In love with this bird...

4 minutes ago, LKN said:

I just did 4 short flight tests during 2h30 in a row over KLAS, Grand Canyon/airports, everything works well, if it continues this way without any CTD, I'll finally be able to make a KLAX to LFQQ (France) around 4900 mn, as planned!

Thank you for this update!

In love with this bird...

CTD? France? What...are you taking it back to the factory? :D

Just finished my last flight for the weekend, EDAH to LOWS. 

Stormy conditions made for a very 'interesting' approach, RNAV Y to runway 33 with a 10 knots crosswind gusting much higher. Almost crashed my new airframe. :)

Again, thanks to the Hotstart team for all the little things you add with each update. The "vertical track" audio and the message "Tod within 1 min" on the PFD (this is also new i think?) are really a great help and another step towards 'as real as it gets'!

Oh, and did somebody notice the smoke googles under the pilots seat? Is this a sneak peak about what's to come? :)

Just finished my last flight for the weekend, EDAH to LOWS. 

Stormy conditions made for a very 'interesting' approach, RNAV Y to runway 33 with a 10 knots crosswind gusting much higher. Almost crashed my new airframe. :)

Again, thanks to the Hotstart team for all the little things you add with each update. The "vertical track" audio and the message "Tod within 1 min" on the PFD (this is also new i think?) are really a great help and another step towards 'as real as it gets'!

Oh, and did somebody notice the smoke googles under the pilots seat? Is this a sneak peak about what's to come? :)

1 hour ago, sdflyer said:

I used FL300

Great. Maxing that baby out I see. Still getting used to the g1000 and proper settings. Can’t wait to figure out how to map a button(s) that will cycle through the dials so I can make all my selections without the use of the mouse.

Great. Maxing that baby out I see. Still getting used to the g1000 and proper settings. Can’t wait to figure out how to map a button(s) that will cycle through the dials so I can make all my selections without the use of the mouse.

Don’t worry G1000 is pain in the ass in real life. I like farming touchscreen the best!

17 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

Don’t worry G1000 is pain in the ass in real life. I like farming touchscreen the best!

There’s only so much you can do in a sim I guess, but I’m confident I can do it with the Thrustmaster. It’s going to take some effort until figure out the software. I’ve only recently returned to Sims and I find it hard to believe someone hasn’t done already. Maybe they have I just haven’t found the site where these guys hang out.  

Some feedback on 1.1.6. I've been flying around quite a bit to try it out since yesterday.

- Unless I'm imagining things, driving it around the airport seems easier, and I'm able to balance toe braking a lot better without swerving as much as before.

- I had one "exception handler , replaced it with 0000000000000000" CTD on the taxiway a few minutes after starting up. Just about in the same spot as one of the previous ones I had but that's probably a coincidence.

- I've just been doing a lot of test landings, and to me they definitely seem much harder to succeed correctly. My landings weren't beautiful, but now they're horrible even at the airport I've landed on relatively easily with the TBM many times before.

Anyone else have this impression ? Or is it just that my flying got even worse this weekend ? (This is probably a very embarrassing post ;-) )

I was ok with ground handling before, but now TBM reminds me DCS Spitfire - super sensitive on the rudder.

In real life (generally speaking) rudders have pretty good resistance which can be translated as a bit delay until muscle memory learn sufficient force to apply to get airplanes stabilize. Now TBM is bit touchy on my taste - feels more like Citabria or Decathlon . I would assume much heavier controls. But that just me..

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic