Mouse zooming when scrolling over Dials

MrScott

Is anyone else having this issue? I am finding it very challenging to position my mouse pointed in the correct place and have it stay there while I scroll the dial. Also noticed not all of the dials respond to scroll. Could be a conflict in my X-52Pro mapping, which is why I wish there was a location THREAD where users could post...

Type of Controller

Mapping settings

Add-ons and mapping

...but I digress, since I would rather use a hat switch to look around and only use the mouse for switch clicking there should be a way to control the zooming function of the mouse.

All help and suggestions welcome. Thanks

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

This is an issue across the board with ALL add ons.  Not just the TBM.  However, Saso, who coded the TBM, has recently created a plugin to stop it from happening.  

Please read all documentation that comes with it.

Goran,

First, Thank you for sharing this with us all. Second, Any idea why this plugin or feature enhancement, is not listed in a "GOTTA HAVE IT TO FLY" type location? As new user of X-plane each day is a new discovery. Features like this one abound produced by brilliant minds like yourself. It's too bad Forums like X-Plane don't have a MUST READ Section Entitled - All you should know to maximize your X-plane experience. Oh well, one can always hope.

------------------------------------------------------

StopZoomingDammit plugin.

What is the purpose of this plugin?

This is a small plugin for X-Plane that temporarily inhibits the X-Plane 
mouse-wheel-to-zoom function. 

When using the mouse wheel to adjust a control in the cockpit, it's
 common to accidentally "slip off" the control while spinning the mouse
wheel. In that case, X-Plane will start zooming the view in or out and
 this can be extremely annoying. This plugin prevents view zooming using
 the mouse wheel. 

You can define a joystick button or keyboard key to 
temporarily enable mouse wheel zoomming by simply assigning one of the 
following commands to your controls of choice:

* ``stopzooming/allow_zoom_hold`` - while holding down this command, you 
will be able to zoom using the mouse wheel. When you release the command,
mouse-wheel-zoom will be inhibited again.

* ``stopzooming/allow_zoom_toggle`` - trigger this command to toggle between enabling and disable mouse wheel zoom.

The plugin doesn't affect joystick or keyboard zoom commands
(``sim/general/zoom_*``) as well as zooming due to different view presets
(``sim/view/quick_look_*`` or the quick-look functions using NumPad
keys). Those remain fully functional.

Installation

Simply unzip the plugin and drop it under ``Resources/plugins`` in 
X-Plane.
Then define your mouse-zoom-allow function as described above
 and that's it. There is no further configuration required.

Compatibility

The plugin should work with any X-Plane aircraft. However, it might conflict with camera-control plugins such as X-Camera. The plugin has
 only been tested with the stock X-Plane camera system.

Donate https://img.shields.io/badge/Donate-PayPal-green.svg)](https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8DN9LYD5VP4NY

Edited by MrScott

On 3/6/2019 at 1:39 AM, MrScott said:

Goran,

First, Thank you for sharing this with us all. Second, Any idea why this plugin or feature enhancement, is not listed in a "GOTTA HAVE IT TO FLY" type location? As new user of X-plane each day is a new discovery. Features like this one abound produced by brilliant minds like yourself. It's too bad Forums like X-Plane don't have a MUST READ Section Entitled - All you should know to maximize your X-plane experience. Oh well, one can always hope.

Many people agree with you.  It's definitely a lifesaver. 

I can't take credit for it, though.  Saso, the gentleman who brought me on board the TBM project, made it happen.  I just made the artwork and mesh.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:02 AM, MrScott said:

Navigraph installed but still no charts? What am I doing wrong. I found all the charts SIDS, STARs, etc in the Navigraph Desktop app but nothing showing up in TBM.

This will be looked into.  It's likely the FAA changed the URL.

7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Many people agree with you.  It's definitely a lifesaver. 

I can't take credit for it, though.  Saso, the gentleman who brought me on board the TBM project, made it happen.  I just made the artwork and mesh.

This will be looked into.  It's likely the FAA changed the URL.

Thanks Goran, and speaking of CHARTS...I noticed this mapped under TBM  "kEY1" What does this tell me? Is it an internal feature mapping function? Also, what control does the TBM have in terms of Controller manipulation?Because there is no Physical Throttle hardware to emulate the TBM's, I see the High/Low Idle which I mapped to keyboard  F12 but what about CUTOFF and FLIGHT IDLE? I really want to get away from the mouse at all costs. I been able to get some interesting mapping to my TM TWCS THROTTLE buttons but would like to know how much control we have or is WYSIWG?

Thanks.

Edited by MrScott

You don't map individual idle settings to keys, you map up/down movements to keys/buttons. "sim/engines/mixture_up" takes you up from cutoff > low idle > high idle > flight idle, sim/engines/mixture_down takes you back down. 

Once you're in flight idle your physical throttle takes over and you use an axis to traverse the left side, though you also need to map a button to "sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle" in order to drop from flight idle down into taxi/reverse range.

While it sounds confusing, if you just follow these instructions it will make more sense.

34 minutes ago, Shinjo said:

You don't map individual idle settings to keys, you map up/down movements to keys/buttons. "sim/engines/mixture_up" takes you up from cutoff > low idle > high idle > flight idle, sim/engines/mixture_down takes you back down. 

Once you're in flight idle your physical throttle takes over and you use an axis to traverse the left side, though you also need to map a button to "sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle" in order to drop from flight idle down into taxi/reverse range.

While it sounds confusing, if you just follow these instructions it will make more sense.

I think I hear you. Thrust reverser mapped ok. How do I get from Low Idle to Cuttoff?

No, you're over-complicating it, it's really easy. :)

You just map the two commands mentioned by Shinjo to buttons, so that you have one button fur "up" and one for "down".

To get the throttle from cutoff to flight idle you press your "up" button 3 times, to get back to cutoff you press "down" 3 times. From low idle to cutoff it's, think you know it alreay, "down" button pressed 1 time. 

Hope that was comprehensible.