11.32 autopilot vertical modes now working

ghun1

Anyone have the problem with autopilot vertical modes in X-Plane 11.32 that neither altitude hold nor vertical speed mode can be engaged?

Checking this forum I see that some problems have been reported for autopilt modes, but not specifically this. I am running XP11.32 on MacOSX 10.13.6 and everything seems to work except these two modes. Speed using autothrottle, heading hold and NAV mode (FMS) are all fine. Just the vertical thats a problem.

B733_7.thumb.jpg.fa57d35d3b49b1c1e0776022da8e22b4.jpg

Edited by Morten

the aircraft is entering CWS P mode (pitch) as seen on the FMA. This is a good indication your yoke/joystick is sending noise on the pitch potentiometer overriding any A/P PITCH mode.

please go to ixeg 737 menu preferences and move the nulllzone slider all the way to the right, this should cure the problem.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the suggestion - I will give it a go and report back.

Just tried and it worked. Solved my problem. My old CHProducts joystick has had a lot of work over the last ten years, and even replace two potentiometers in 2011. May be time to consider a new one. Or more pots :o

Thanks again

Gary

Edited by ghun1
  • Like 1

• ghun1 changed the title to 11.32 autopilot vertical modes now working