Small annunciator panel not Illuminating

Wispy

Hello,

I just purchased the Saab for XP11 and noticed that the smaller annunciator panel ( L & R Beta, L& R IGN, etc) on the main dash does not ever illuminate. I see on various YouTube videos the lights work but they never come on for me. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Chad

They actually do work, but they're very faint.  This has been brought up before, and I asked Jim about this and if he coded something in there that's causing this.  What we found, and what he coded, was that in the actual Saab documentation, the engine annunciators are very difficult, if not impossible to see during daylight hours with the sun shining directly on them.  To the point that sometimes the pilots need to cover them with their hands to give them some shade to see if they are working.  I'll see if I can find the page in the documents this is mentioned and post back.  For the next update, we might bump up the brightness a little, but we'll have to get feedback from a couple of pilots who have generously given us their time and some very valuable feedback, on the brightness.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, Goran_M said:

They actually do work, but they're very faint.  This has been brought up before, and I asked Jim about this and if he coded something in there that's causing this.  What we found, and what he coded, was that in the actual Saab documentation, the engine annunciators are very difficult, if not impossible to see during daylight hours with the sun shining directly on them.  To the point that sometimes the pilots need to cover them with their hands to give them some shade to see if they are working.  I'll see if I can find the page in the documents this is mentioned and post back.  For the next update, we might bump up the brightness a little, but we'll have to get feedback from a couple of pilots who have generously given us their time and some very valuable feedback, on the brightness.

Yes, there is a REX training video on YT that shows this sunlight effect, causing the annunciator lights to washout.  Unless v1.5.2 is going to include a virtual hand to shade the annunciator panel, I think they should be made brighter to accommodate X-Planes lighting limitations.  The annunciators are visible more times than they are not.

Tim

Edited by Tim013

44 minutes ago, Tim013 said:

Yes, there is a REX training video on YT that shows this sunlight effect, causing the annunciator lights to washout.  Unless v1.5.2 is going to include a virtual hand to shade the annunciator panel, I think they should be made brighter to accommodate X-Planes lighting limitations.  The annunciators are visible more times than they are not.

Tim

we will find a solution that works.