1.1.4c ILS capture problem at EPLL

g.pajak

Hello,

I'm looking for some support/ideas how to solve my issue.

I got a problem to catch a LOC to ILS approach at EPLL (Poland). Also can't capure the glide slope.

Here is a chart to this ILS approach: http://www.pl-vacc.org.pl/files/maps/aip_bg/EPLL/EP_AD_2_EPLL_6-1-1_en.pdf

As you can see on picture below, I'm on the RWY 25 at EPLL exactly in the center line, heading 245 deg. Frequency is set to 110.5 and CRS is set to 245, exactly as published. 

image.thumb.png.0ac035065f85919131e9e6f0d55df10c.png

But as you can see green lines are not aligned as it should be. As a comparative, please a take a look at another screenshot below, from another G1000 equipped aircraft Aerobask Diamond DA-62. Exactly the same position fo the aircraft. CRS and FREQ are exactly the same. You can see that green needles are aligned:  

image.thumb.png.7c4fac477d0fc0fb3d0ca478ef92ed70.png

Any ideas how to solved it? On other airports i checked ILS approach at TBM900 works fine. On this airport EPLL, other aircraft G1000 equipped also works fine.

What is the difference between TBM implementation of G1000 and other planes like Aerobask DA62 for example?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I found this problem during a flight that I streamed. Later I confirmed that other planes in my XP 11 suffer from the same problem. Basically - LOC signal is not being received where it should be (I do receive LOC signal when I am far right or left from course). GS is not available at all.

So this seems to be XP or Navigraph problem.

• 4 months later...

I am having the same issue at GCTS RWY 07, while the default C172 with the G1000 locks perfectly to the localiser and the GS, the TBM does not. Did anyone find an explanation/solution since this was reported here? See images attached (after simply loading in and starting up the avionics of the two planes after each other, same current Navigraph navdata, nothing else changed between the two).

TBM900 - 2019-10-05 17.42.58.png

Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2019-10-05 17.48.23.png

Did you have that problem in the air during approach, or just on the ground? 

What the TBM900 does differently than the default G1000 is that it actually models radio beam propagation so the signal could simply be distorted since you are on the ground. 

What I noticed in your pictures is that you seem not to have picked up the ILS signal correctly in the TBM. (see the "ITS" identifier shown right next to the frequency in the NAV window in your second screenshot? That is missing in your TBM screenshot so it did not pick up the signal correctly) 

So my best guess is it may have to do with the radio beam propagation model and therefore be a cool feature or a bug coming from this. ;)

• 2 months later...