Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
prdant

Flight Plans for IXEG 737

Recommended Posts

I have exported my .fpl and .fms plans from pilot2atc to a couple of different locations in xp11 but cannot get the FMS to load them. It says no co route folder. I can create the folder but apparently I don’t know where it should reside. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no joy. I have added KBOS-KJFK.flt to the coroutes folder and the response after clicking coroute is file not found. Back to the drawing board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its .fpl ( I think)

I am no expert on importing/saving flight-plans with 3rd party tools, maybe someone else can shed some light on p2a?

Cheers, Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Jan, it was a misprint on my side .fpl was what I meant. I am still trying to figure out if it is .fpl or .ixg. Either way I just get frustrated with something that should be so simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make a flight plan on SimBrief and download in IXEG format-there are  al least 3 different .fpl formats - it is not only extension :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI prdant,

I just went through the voodoo of flight plans where one of my .fpl wasn't recognized- very annoying. The following worked:

So, I went to RouteFinder for the route, copied and pasted the route to Notepad++ and saved it directly to the coroutes folder. It even saved it without the .txt extension.

I hope this helps. Note RouteFinder and Notepad++ are available as free items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 7:00 AM, marpilot said:

Make a flight plan on SimBrief and download in IXEG format-there are  al least 3 different .fpl formats - it is not only extension :)

I second that. And use the SimBrief downloader application to export the plan in the right format to the right folder. The IXEG 737 is specifically supported. Both are free and fantastic, so if you like them, give the dev a donation, and fly on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry to bother again with this topic but...

My problem... I fly X-plane 11. I usually ( for mid or long range flights)
export the flight plans from Simbrief.com and load them into the FMC via
the Coroute function within the FMC. I have seen that Simbrief has an
specific format for the Boeing 737-300 IXEG but... where do I have to
download the flight plan from Simbrief? In which format?
I have even created a Coroute folder in the main root folder of the plane (since there is none created)
but even then I get a message of "No Coroute folder found" from the FMC.
I would be extremely thankful if you could tell me how to export / load
simbrief's flight plans into the plane's FMC.
Thank you very much in advance
Looking forward to hearing from you
Javier

E_Mail: aldaz.javier74@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone chime in on this? I have never used simbrief, so I have no idea how to go about that...

Thanks, Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JavierAldaz74 said:

I am sorry to bother again with this topic but...

My problem... I fly X-plane 11. I usually ( for mid or long range flights)
export the flight plans from Simbrief.com and load them into the FMC via
the Coroute function within the FMC. I have seen that Simbrief has an
specific format for the Boeing 737-300 IXEG but... where do I have to
download the flight plan from Simbrief? In which format?
I have even created a Coroute folder in the main root folder of the plane (since there is none created)
but even then I get a message of "No Coroute folder found" from the FMC.
I would be extremely thankful if you could tell me how to export / load
simbrief's flight plans into the plane's FMC.
Thank you very much in advance
Looking forward to hearing from you
Javier

E_Mail: aldaz.javier74@gmail.com

 

1. folder name must be 'coroutes' (the installer does not create it automatically, you have to create it manually within the aircraft 737 root folder)

 

2. On siembrief, do all your planning as usual

2.1 Then Generate de Flight Plan

2.2 Then clic DOWNLOAD FMS button (i do select manual files but you may use the downloader tool)

2.3 Then clic DOWNLOAD button for the IXEG 737 Classic and select your /IXEG 737 Classic/coroutes/ folder for the destination

2.4 On the Aircraft (minimal steps from cold and dark for testing purposes)

2.4.1 Battery ON

2.4.2 AC power ON and feeding the BUSES (via APU or GPU)

2.4.3 Set both IRS knobs to NAV

2.4.4 On the FMC enter the POS INIT

2.4.5 Clic RTE page and type on the scratchpad the FILENAME without the .fpl extension and clic LSK2 (left soft key 2 to import)

2.4.6 Select departure runway and sid, select arrival star and runway (these are not part of the export, you have to do it on the fmc)

 

hope this helps

 

EDIT -- IMPORTANT NOTE:

make sure you use the same navdata cycle on simbrief and on the aircraft FMC, otherwise simbrief may suggest an unsupported flight plan

 

 

Edited by mmerelles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello mmerelles,

Thank you so so much for the help and really detailed information. 

I have tried your suggestion today, and it works, I could export the simbrief´s flight plan and it was recognized, after I created the coroutes folder as you said.

Besides, yes, I use Navigraph, and the AIRACs in simbrief and the plane were was current one, 1907.

Thanks a lot again :)

Javier

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually i am having this problem, the coroutes folder is not there. I purchased IXEG about 5 days ago and after reading the manual and exporting a fpl, there is no such folder. I also made a new download from x aviation and did a fresh installation, but still no folder. How can this be solved? Check attached screenshot

ixeg737folder.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

create a folder called "coroutes" inside the IXEG folder.    Page 12 of the "interface guide" in the documents folder describes more detail on using the coroutes feature

-tkyler

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tkyler said:

create a folder called "coroutes" inside the IXEG folder.    Page 12 of the "interface guide" in the documents folder describes more detail on using the coroutes feature

-tkyler

Thank you. Sorry for waisting your time, i saw the solution above and it worked.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×