Plane banking to the left

MoeweJonathan

Hello everyone, hope you guys had a good weekend,

I have an issue with the Saab 340, as it constantly banks to the left without input.

I used a clean 11.31r1 installation without plugins/addons and a fresh download of the Saab 340 (ver. 1.5.1).

The problem exists with the cargo and the passenger version of the plane.

I also noticed a very high pitch up trim when loading the plane, maybe it's related?

Best regards

MW

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

As the problems persists, I recorded a start & take-off, I also attached the GizmoLog and the logfile of that flight.

Timestamps:

3:25 Autostart complete

3:48 Trim heavy nose up

4:46 "Pulsating" engines normal?

5:11 Flaps down and switching hydraulic pump to manual to provoke another trim up condition (successful, but maybe it just happened coincidentally)

5:54 Provoking again without success

6:35 Take-off with banking to the left, me actively countering it

GizmoLog_autostart.txt

Log_autostart.txt

5 hours ago, MoeweJonathan said:

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

As the problems persists, I recorded a start & take-off, I also attached the GizmoLog and the logfile of that flight.

Timestamps:

3:25 Autostart complete

3:48 Trim heavy nose up

4:46 "Pulsating" engines normal?

5:11 Flaps down and switching hydraulic pump to manual to provoke another trim up condition (successful, but maybe it just happened coincidentally)

5:54 Provoking again without success

6:35 Take-off with banking to the left, me actively countering it

It appears you are using some Saitek hardware, please unplug this and let us know if anything changes.

Pulsating engines are not normal and are a result of new engine code from Laminar/Austin in 11.3x.  We are working on an update to correct this.

Thanks for the video, I will look into the hydraulic switch and the trim up condition.

it's difficult to tell from the video but I can't see anything wrong as it relates to the left banking tendency. Again, check your hardware.

Just gave same thing ago, I got a left roll. Seemed to be aggravated by your power setting.. those engines belong in the bin after the punishment.
Using a normal power setting its a more gentle left roll.
Real aircraft takes 1.5 units right rudder trim which is too much in the sim, so I guess to your answer, yes. A real saab will do that too under the same circumstances through secondary effect of not enough rudder ^_^

Rudder trim ever so slightly left of center above the W in yaw on the trims seems to be the mark for XP.

Edited by N1K

46 minutes ago, N1K said:

Just gave same thing ago, I got a left roll. Seemed to be aggravated by your power setting.. those engines belong in the bin after the punishment.
Using a normal power setting its a more gentle left roll.
Real aircraft takes 1.5 units right rudder trim which is too much in the sim, so I guess to your answer, yes. A real saab will do that too under the same circumstances through secondary effect of not enough rudder ^_^

Rudder trim ever so slightly left of center above the W in yaw on the trims seems to be the mark for XP.

I did suspect that about real saab. Prop aircrafts have a tendency to yaw on takeoff.

48 minutes ago, N1K said:

Should it not be rudder trim to the right? Instead of left!? As you say a real saab needs some right trim. Makes sense when it rolls to left.

Anyway I will test  first left trim and if it is ok then it is:) if not I`ll try right trim

Thanks for info. This info is what I was looking for.

14 hours ago, JGregory said:

it's difficult to tell from the video but I can't see anything wrong as it relates to the left banking tendency. Again, check your hardware. 

The first thing one checks if strange things is happening is the controllers. In my case it is an Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system with Saitek rudders.
Both of them are completely OK. First thing I checked on first flight when it happen. Pressed Pause in XP and open Windows yoke window. Nothing wrong in there.

• 4 weeks later...