May I ask for little bit more VR Support in the Saab?

TheFlyGuy

I've purchased the Saab 340 today, and after some first flights without VR I gave it a try with my Oculus Rift. Unfortunately I found this plane mostly unflyable in VR. I don't ask for full VR support, as I can imagine how complicate it would be to recreate all the Gizmo menus for VR use, but the plane should at least work in VR from taxi to landing. On my first flight I found a couple of things that doesn't work in VR. This may be not a complete list, but just a view things I was missing during my tests:

• Transponder mode and code can't be set in VR
  • All Collins Receivers doesn't work in VR (no manipulators available for mode and frequency dials)
  • Alitude set has no manipulator in VR
  • G500 encoders don't work in VR
  • Course and HDG dials on the center console can't be manipulated in VR
  • VS setting doesn't work in VR. While there at least is a manipulator, I can change VS only one step up and down in VR
  • Autopilot can't be engaged in VR (there is no "long hold" of the AP main switches possible)

Again, there may be more issues, but just with these limitations the plane can't be flown in VR.

Would be great if you could check these things, and maybe could make this plane flyable in VR.

Edited by TheFlyGuy

• 1 year later...