CTD v1.1.4c help please :)

LKN

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to post a bug that have been already discussed but I'm more sorry to have this ctd without reading any solution about it

2019-02-17 01:54:31 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

I've read that plugins or scenery could contribute to make it crashes but I don't have any plugins except "Better for Push back" that never caused any CTD, nor issues scenery, no AL,  I don't have any sort of scenes added except ortho scenes that in any case have caused a CTD... Before this strange issue the question is when did happen my last CTD ??? back in a day! I don't remember it therefore I'm not gonna blame my stable configuration.

I never have any CTD with the TBM900 so far, when I've read that many users had some CTD because of the new version of xplane, I wait for the last version v1.1.4c released in order to avoid crash of xplane 11.32.

So that a couple of days ago, I downloaded the last version to enjoy flying my bird again, after 10 hours in the sky everything was working so fine on my side, I started making some videos in icing conditions, so great effects, exchanging them with two former colleagues/pilots/friends, one is my former instructor who flies the TBM 850, anyway that means that I was a happy boy since yesterday ;) , I even had a project in my virtual life: making a world tour with the TBM! Looking for sponsoring hhh ...  because 100% sure of my config then I'm not supposed to be worried after 3 hours in the sky to get back on my desktop and it happens again, twice the last 10 hours now!

Again I'm not gonna start to blame Xplane or anything else because I paid a lot of attention not to add plugins and scenery etc just to make sure that I can be able to cross oceans in a peaceful way so trust me it's very frustrated to get back to the desk all of a sudden without finding a way to fix it  because I don't read any solution so far (if I miss it, sorry about that)

However, feel free to enlighten me and to help to solve this issue that kills my immersion and my pleasure to fly my favorite GA in xplane (it's not the end of the world but... maybe) :D

Don't wanna make a world tour with my IXEG 733, she's too big, I like big ones too don't get me wrong about any discrimination here but she doesn't have the maintenance system and wears, I love her but the TBM 900, she's so elegant, so sexy, I feel her alive in my hands, I'm so intimate with her.... you feel me, don't you?

Any help will be fully appreciated because my bird is in my hangar getting cold!:(

Happy landings Captains!

Edited by LKN

We don't have a solution for it yet.  It's not a common crash.  We've found 2 common themes with it so far, but these are not proven.  Either people with scenery spread across 2 hard drives get the error or people who have AI enabled.  Apart from that, we're still trying to find out what is causing it.  

• Like 1

Thank you Goran to answer so quickly, I really appreciate that even if there's no solution yet but I'm sure that you guys are working on it.

I'm one of this guy who have part of ortho scenes on an other SSD, of course because of heavy load of files but never had any issue with... Anyway it's still something, a hint or a step forward to pinpoint the source of this crash, not common but it looks like "many" are infected too based on what I've read.

Wait & See... meanwhile  I will let her in my hangar alone,  waiting for a hotfix or something, can't make a world tour in those unsecured conditions, I try to be a safe pilot in real, same in the virtual world! hh

Tks captain ;)

Edited by LKN
  • Like 1

After more than 2 months of a rock solid TBM experience (no crash, no fps loss) with xplane 11.26 and 11.30, I have updated to 11.31 yesterday and same time updated the TBM to 1.1.4c.

Sadly, on my first flight yesterday i had the "exception handler" crash after 10 minutes and still sitting on the ground preparing for my flight. I was just looking on some charts on a external tablet, so I'm sure the crash was not caused by something I was doing in the simulator. 

I have neither scenery spread across 2 hard drives nor have I enabled AI planes. So there's surely more contributing to that error under the hood.

Today I have just finished a 3 hour flight without problems. I have no clue what the root cause could be on my system. 

Nevertheless, thanks to Goran and team for not giving up on this! :)

I will do that. xEnviro is at the top of my list of suspects, I have it installed but most of the time it's parked out of the plugins folder. Last week i thought i gave it another go, so that could have been it.

On the other hand, in my today's 3 hour flight it was active without problems. 

ok... I'll try to do the same flight as yesterday when it crashed after one hour half in descent to my destination LFQQ/EGCC...

I also gave a happy try to xenviro 1.09 s version and since 10 days it never caused any CDT, and indeed it's parked out of the  plugins folder...

36 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

If it happens again, please note the exact circumstances and post back. Every little detail helps. 

Sure, I will!

Thank you again Goran!

Hi Goran,

I did some flight test with and without plugins... easy I just have Better for Push back, XPRealistic and 3 engines ad-don weather, anyway removing plugs, with or without I didn't have any CTD so far again which makes more difficult to pinpoint the source of this bug, especially if i encounter CTD only with my favorite GA... So I don't know what could be implied in such a hieroglyph and mysterious bug?

2019-02-17 01:54:31 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000 

no idea Captain...