PFD-MFD Map Corruption

HamSammich

Hiya Toto,

XP 11.31

Windows 10

TBM 1.14b

SYMPTOM: MFD map doesn't appear. PFD map insets are corrupted--Screenshot attached.

DIAGNOSIS: Checking my TBM900_Log.txt (also attached) reveals lines along this pattern:

2019-02-03 22:15:35 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing C:\Users\marsh\Desktop\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 1051

WORKAROUND: Deleting the Global Airports folder, pulling a fresh one with XP installer, removing and reinstalling the TBM, fixes the problem. Until it recurs.

Any ideas? Oh, and the plane CTDs when accessing the FPL, but I know this is a known bug and is being worked on.

Otherwise (seriously) I'm truly impressed. It's an amazing beast.

Marshall

TBM900_1.png

TBM900_Log.txt

Edited by HamSammich
Typos

We're trying to deal with the 11.31 problem at the moment.  That problem is a blanket issue for, literally, everyone who updated to 11.31.  This one is an isolated case, limited to a few people.  

I'll get to it as soon as I can, but first thing I'll need is a log.txt file.  Not the TBM900 log file, but the one found in your root x-plane folder.  

You could also try, if possible, installing a complete bare installation of x-plane somewhere on another hard drive.  No scenery, and installing the TBM in that and see if the problem persists.  To me it looks like you have missing G1000 files.

Edited by Goran_M

Hi Goran,

I certainly appreciate your 11.31 nightmare. Did as you asked. Squeaky-clean XP install. Zero plug-ins. Then just my Brunner yoke plug-in. The problem manifested itself after several successful flights both clean and with the Brunner. Then, after having totally, utterly and properly shut down the plane, I restarted XP, only to have the TBM come up with the panel lit up and the Garmin broken. I promptly deleted the yoke plugin, removed and reinstalled the TBM, but the problem persisted.

Therefore I'm attaching three log.txt files. One is clean and working. The second is yoke plugin and busted. The third is, again, clean, reinstalled aircraft but still kaput.

Best,

Marshall

Log_Working_Clean.txt

Log_Broken_Yoke_Only.txt

Log_Broken_Clean.txt

Yup.

And reloaded the plane. And loaded new airframes. And done all the superstitious stuff. At first it seemed I could reproduce the problem by switching on battery power before the standby instruments were fully loaded, and curing it by waiting. Turned out to be random chance. It even happens in the tutorial, on a virgin install

I did. And rolled it back one. I’m a former OS and newsroom computer system beta tester, so I’ve seen weird. But it’s an ambitious piece of software, with many interactions. This is bound to happen sooner or later.

BTW, the computer is pretty vanilla. Nvidia, intel 8700 and windows 10. The G1000 on the stock Cessna works fine

You may try deleting "../output/preferences/Miscellaneous.prf" (keep a backup). Possibly it's just the TBM entry in this file, but have not investigated further. Seems somehow related to the joystick/keyboard profile name ?

At least, solved the very same problem for me. Good luck !

• 2 weeks later...

The point of highlighting the similar behavior in the Cessna was that it appears to be a normal reaction to flipping the avionics switch on and off? But the TBM has no avionics switch. 

So if you sit in the C172 G1000 with the master battery on but the avionics off you don't see what the OP's screenshots show (blank MFD, Xs on the PFD)?

Edited by Shinjo
Rewording

Saso:

Aha! Now this is interesting. I have no hardware whatsoever that should affect that dataref. However I have had a similar problem with the LES SAAB and the G530 that was solved by manually turning the dataref on. Just wondering if there's something in common (Gizmo?) between the two planes that somehow farkles that particular dataref? In the meantime, I'll try flipping the DR manually to see if it fixes the MFD.

I've got a couple other questions about other hardware (Brunner and RealSimGear) to ask. Mind if I contact you directly?

Marshall

Ok ... I think I've gotten to the bottom of it, at least in my case. My Saitek switch panel, which I partially use for lights only was setup with the default Spad profile, which includes Avionics On/Off commands for the Av Master switch. I didn't actually verify this by watching the datarefs and events, but I think when I flick the the strobe light on for the very first time Spad tries to sends some commands for all the switches to sync their state ... and since the Av Master switch is physically in the OFF state it must be sending an Avionics Off event.

So, basically flipping the Av Master switch on my panel flips between the low power state and normal state. Working as intended lol >.>

So for me the answer is to simply unbind the Av Master switch. I can't speak to @HamSammich since he/she says they're not running panels. It may be something Toto/Goran want to fix under the covers, but that's obviously up to them.

Thanks for the help with this guys.