LES SAAB 340 LP Bleed and Recirc Not Selectable

michael80082

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has experienced a problem with the right-hand side LP bleed and recirc not being selectable after engine start. I'm using it for type endorsement practice, and after engine start I can't select these switches. Usually they become accessible after the power has been applied (like after take off)or in the climb/cruise.

Running 1.5.1 and latest x-plane and mac updates as of this date. Also, I'm not using the auto-start feature and starting engines manually but it seems to happen regardless of start procedure.

Hi Goran, I've attached a video. It started about the time of the 1.30 X-Plane Beta release. I downgraded to the non-beta version at the time but still had the problem.

Also on startup, I get a lot of hot starts now.. I don't believe I've changed anything that would affect it (certainly haven't changed anything within the Saab files themselves). The screen recording shows the recirc left fans being switched on but the right side doesn't work. Same with the LP bleeds. Once it's been started for a while (or sometimes it needs takeoff/cruise power), the ability to use the right side comes back.

Had a look and tested exactly what you did.  I cannot duplicate the problem with the ECS stuff.  Can you post your log.txt so I can see what's going on.

Also, re the hot starts.  We're aware of it and a fix is in the works.  This is XP11's engine model conflicting with ours.  Just an FYI, we originally made the Saab for XP10, so the hot starts were not an issue back then.  No ETA yet, but we're working on it.