No rain effects ?

LKN

Hi guys,

I've noticed that I don't have any rain effect anymore even if of course the options are checked in TBM option and windshield effects allowed in xplane.

No matter if I did use FSGWR and now the greatest Active sky xp beta SP1 (released today)

I just have some droplets sometimes on my winshield but only on the ground and the amount of rain on the windshield is very very tiny compared to heavy rainy weather outside like today at LFRG for instance, same at any spots on earth by the way...

Any idea?

Running Xplane 11.30 final version

Thank you,

Lkn

Edited by LKN

58 minutes ago, Jakob Ludwig said:

The fact that rain will not hit the windshield at all at high speeds and that the freaking windmill on you nose will blow that away too

Tks for your anwser Jakob! Indeed it makes sense that at high speeds the rain willl be blew away, but I meant that there is no sign of rain on the windshield even at low speeds in short final for exemple, except on the ground but that's ok, I just watched the video, tks for sharing, it looks very promising! Very good effects increasing when precipation get more dense, can't wait for that!

Happy landings

On 1/31/2019 at 7:39 PM, Jakob Ludwig said:

The fact that rain will not hit the windshield at all at high speeds and that the freaking windmill on you nose will blow that away too, is basically what you see. It's the same IRL, but yes you are right and the developer is working on improving the effect in an upcoming update... 

Is it likely this update will include VR?