Reverser stages

SkyFly

Hello Ppl :)

I´ve made a feature suggestion regarding reverse stages. It`s no longer needed since x-plane now provides the custom response curves.

I  just make my own rev. stages. I´d just like to know, how much of N1 reverse stage 2 has.

As far as kno:

1: idle N1

2: idk :o

3: ~83% N1

So maby one can help me out on this ^-^

Greeting from Hamburg, Germany

Edited by SkyFly

20 hours ago, Litjan said:

Never heard of reverser stages. The 737-300 does not have any. You can set any N1 smoothly between high idle and max.

Cheers, Jan

Uh. :mellow:

So then it must be a NG/MAX thing. :lol: Or i got something completely wrong :wacko:

Again something learned.

Or - as we say in german: "Again what learned!" :lol:

We usually aimed to set N1 = grossweight in tons during landings - if reversers where allowed. So for a landing with 45t we aimed for 45%N1. But the reverse thrust levers worked just like the forward thrust levers - no notches (unlike on that "other" aircraft)... Only difference is that you can´t "overboost" the engines in reverse, they were limited to a safe maximum reverse value. Mostly because you can´t afford to fiddle and look down when you are in need for maximum reverse thrust :o.

Cheers, Jan

7 minutes ago, NZWW said:

Litjan, it would be nice to have reverser detents to be able to use idle reverse, and not always maximum reverse. As you know, most airports these days allow use of reverse (above idle reverse) only for "safety reasons".

If you use the X-Plane command "toggle thrust reversers", you can do just that. With your throttles at idle, you push that button and the plane goes into idle reverse. Your hardware thrust lever now acts as a reverese thrust control i.e. adding reverse thrust as you move the lever forward.

Edited by mgeiss
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NZWW said:

Litjan, it would be nice to have reverser detents to be able to use idle reverse, and not always maximum reverse. As you know, most airports these days allow use of reverse (above idle reverse) only for "safety reasons".

if you do it like me and use two saitek throttle levers for the reversers, do it like i did in the attached screenshot.

It gives you an almost idly detent. I fiddled around a bit to find the perfect setting.

screenshot_1.png