Sensible pedals

nechrofaust

On 1/31/2019 at 6:49 AM, nechrofaust said:

I find it very difficult to take off without loosing control. It's like the runway is ICE and not concrete. I tweaked a little with xplane settings but still so difficult. AM i doing something wrong?
Any advice¿? thank you very much and great plane . I love it

Look all the way down the runway and not just over the nose, then advance the throttle slowly so the propeller torque comes on in a manageable way. Also if you update to Xplane 11.30 you can use custom rudder curves if you need to to change rudder response dependent on your pedals.

Ok,

I have been struggling with the same issue and things have gotten a lot better for me on take off.  Did a lot of reading on this topic and one technique that helped a lot was before you begin your takeoff roll, apply the brakes.  increase torque to about 50% and 2000 RPM, release the brakes and begin your take off roll, rotate at about 90 and then climb out.  rudder trim should be just a little right of center but you can experiment with different settings.

One thing I noticed today when I watched a video on YouTube was the application of power.  Normally in an aircraft its full power at take off and that what I have been doing.  The video I saw today depicted a very smooth takeoff roll but I noticed that the pilot used the technique mentioned above.  Before the take off roll, brakes and application of power to about 50% and 2000 RPM, release the brakes and begin the roll.  Rotate at about 90 and climb out.  The thing that threw me was the power was kept at 50% until the climb was established.  Now this threw me because I have a PPL and goes against everything I was taught.  I admit that I have never flow a turboprop and don't know how realistic this is but the takeoff and climb out were very smooth.  I have to ask, with the TBM it's full power on take off, right?  I would prefer to fly the sim TBM as it would be flown in real life.

I'm having so much fun with this airplane.  I learn something new on every flight. It does have a rather steep learning curve though.  Not one that you can just load and fly very easily. Been into flight sims my whole life and this is hands down the best add on aircraft I have ever purchased for a flight sim.  Fantastic product!!!!!!!

Well if the aircraft is light, the runway long, ambient temperature low and enough headwind, I'll bet you get here airborne with 50% torque easily. But this is all against safety at the end. 

If I take-off from a 8000ft or longer runway with medium aircraft weight, I usually tend to apply 90% torque only. 

And the technique you state for takeoffs is the best working for me.