Everything went crazy... using 11.30

franco_erco

Hello,

I have just experienced some really strange issues with the aircraft while descending to SABE.
(it looked like a nightmare hehe). I'm not sure if I have done something wrong or if it was some rare bug (never experienced this before in my more than two years flying the IXEG).

I'm using version 1.21. This was my second flight with the 11.30 version of X-Plane.

Situation:
Flight SAEZ > SULS; then flight SULS > SABE
All in the same sim and aircraft session. Landed after a normal flight, then inserted the new data on the FMC and took off. 

Stormy weather (real conditions). Anti-ice as far as I remember was ON.

ROUTE: SULS DIRECT DAGUS SARG7C VANAR DIRECT VANAR APPR TRANS FDO24 ILS13 RW13 MISSED APPR (3000) SABE

What happened:
While I was descending towards SABE, after overflying EZE VOR, the aircraft made a sudden nose-up (trim) input. From then, it went completely uncontrollable.
PFD airspeed suddenly dropped to zero. After this, it entered in a deep stall.
MCP started showing really weird stuff: SPD was showing some four digit numbers, varying all the time. ALT was showing some extremely high numbers, also varying all the time.
Stall warning. Trim wheel working all the time. Autopilot OFF.

Controlling the aircraft was impossible; it was in a deep stall with no airspeed. It was like 'floating' in the air. Also it was trimming by itself.

Before it slammed the ground I opened the map and set the aircraft to 0 degrees pitch, speed something like 280 TAS and 16K altitude. Also, I set clear weather.
But it did exactly the same again. Airspeed dropped instantaneously to zero and again it was in a deep stall. No input would do anything since there was no airspeed, and it was still trimming by itself.

While I was trying to deal with the situation the sim crashed, so I couldn't take any screenshot nor video.
All I can share is this Flight Data from projectFLY:

Here, you can see the nose-up input.
Please note that the sudden altitude 'jump' at the end was after the map intervention, where you can also see how it entered again in a deep stall.

ixeg.thumb.jpg.a4157a831c2a1d82a2879f635f22d757.jpg

Any ideas on what could have happened?

Kind regards,
franco_erco

Edited by Morten
Some more details

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

My guess is that you used a third-party weather injection program like ActiveSky or so?

Jan

Hello Litjan,

I was using the default X-Plane weather injection, the “match real weather conditios”.

However, I was also using VATSIM, which (I think?) also has some kind of weather engine.

Hmm, ok - this sounded like the other bug another user reported - he was using ActiveSky, I think - and that one seems to have a problem with generating "turbulence" and there is also seemingly a problem loading wind layers into X-Plane 11.30. Not sure about VATSIM.

I haven´t encountered anything like that, but I don´t use real weather and I could imagine that if there was a problem with loading real-weather-wind-layers (as it is reported for 11.30) then going from one layer to the next could make this happen.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1