CTD with X-Plane 11.31rc1 and TBM 1.1.4b

fog

Hello again @DwightP980!  Well, after reading your post I tried again with the two aircraft (C172 / TBM) at KFRG (Atlantic ramp) and the Deer Park VOR (about 7 miles away) and got the same result while parked at the ramp.  I never did try this in the air so I fired up the TBM and took off.  I turned toward the VOR and determined the direct to with the CDI, moved the heading bug to track and yes, the TBM did track directly to the VOR.  So, I don't know why the discrepancy exists on the ground but in the air it seem to work OK.  Just wanted to let you know...

Best,

Ken

@oldflyguy Ken, thanks for the feedback! I have no doubt you experienced the problem you had, and I'm scratching my head as to what could cause such a random deviation. One thought I had was did you check the Avionics in the Maintenance Manager? Perhaps a failing component. I have started taking a look prior to each flight even on short legs at the Maintenance Manager, as in the past I've had issues pop up that I did not notice while in flight, such as a leaking left fuel tank which on prefight I found about 50 gallons of fuel had disappeared (maybe one of those ramp vehicles running around the airport tagged me, lol) and I had to repair for $22,500. I know the developers must be pulling their hair out, as it seems XP-11.31 created issues that seem to have caused havoc with the G1000 and likely it seems other systems. The TBM for me is still very flyable and I've just decided to dust off some long time not used navigation methods. Sure wish they had GPS, and all the avionics the have today back when I was actually flying. When it works it spoils you ;-)

Blue Skies,

Dwight

Could be, but the difference of 30 degrees or so still existed between the C172 and the TBM on the ground.  Not important, though.  I'm hoping the devs can fix this in the next few weeks now that 11.32 is a release candidate.  Did a nice flight with ASXP, SMP and the DA-62 from Orbix KVUO to KBDN today.  Love to fly over that high desert ortho although all of Mt Hood and West was in the clouds...

As of yesterday, Saso and Ben Supnik have been in touch, via a developer chat in Slack, to see what is going on, and determining what will be done.  If another X-Plane update comes out, and it breaks the TBM update because of Laminar fixing the original issue, then it's back to square one.  There are also a few issues with an unrelated issue with the Mac version of the TBM, which Saso is working hard at getting sorted out.  That has been the reason for the delay.  When I know more about what Laminar are going to do, I'll post back here.  Ben is currently waiting for a bug report from Saso that will be done within the next 12-24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Andries Gouws said:

Can any body tell me how to down grade to 11.30 so that the TBM 900 CAN WORK PROPERLY.....PLEASE..... i am a Mac user......feels like a kid got a bike and is only allowed to ride it on weekends.....

Unfortunately there is no way to go back once a version is made 'final' by Laminar. 

Hi Goran, sympathies, This clearly is a dilemma for HotStart and for developers in general. It has a kind of bad practice, bad smell to it. 

1. The obvious answer, to me at least, is for LM to make available previous release versions in unusual / special situations. If they are indeed secure enough to be that flexible.  

2.  They rejig to work more closely with developers. In concert even. Or least be less gung-ho about beta updates that offer minor or dubious 'improvements' but in fact prove to be destructive. 

3. They put a mature, experienced businessman man on the board who doesn't think like a 'boy'. No offence intended - at 76 I still often think like a boy. Goal being to review their development model and perhaps some other things. 

Personally, I am grateful for this hiccup as it has prompted me to try using my GTN 750. So far so good, though I gather there may be limitations. Also it has reminded me of the wisdom of saving a working XP release in the future, as a contingency measure.  

Regards

Edited by SUAS14

2 hours ago, Andries Gouws said:

Maybe this good help you guys, i have notice that when i open the crashbar to switch on the battery, no power, then you buy a new battery and after that it will power up the TBM 900....

I thought it was a problem as well. Turns out your battery isn't charged lmao. Just recharge it, by paying or by using the GPU. When you open the maintenance menu and click on electronics click on test battery and you can see how charged it is. Hope this helps! 

34 minutes ago, SUAS14 said:

Hi Goran, sympathies, This clearly is a dilemma for HotStart and for developers in general. It has a kind of bad practice, bad smell to it. 

1. The obvious answer, to me at least, is for LM to make available previous release versions in unusual / special situations. If they are indeed secure enough to be that flexible.  

2.  They rejig to work more closely with developers. In concert even. Or least be less gung-ho about beta updates that offer minor or dubious 'improvements' but in fact prove to be destructive. 

3. They put a mature, experienced businessman man on the board who doesn't think like a 'boy'. No offence intended - at 76 I still often think like a boy. Goal being to review their development model and perhaps some other things. 

Personally, I am grateful for this hiccup as it has prompted me to try using my GTN 750. So far so good, though I gather there may be limitations. Also it has reminded me of the wisdom of saving a working XP release in the future, as a contingency measure.  

Regards

It's an interesting and unique dynamic.  The Laminar guys are always trying to make X-Plane better, in whatever way they can, and they do encourage 3rd party devs to get in touch with them.  Sometimes they listen and implement fixes, but sometimes they either don't because they don't consider something a priority or they can't because it'll be taking a step or more backwards. 
I'm certainly not against them moving forward, even if it means we have to fix things in our add ons (The Saab's engines are another example.  Temp spikes.  Sensitive Power Levers, etc...), but the flip side to that is a more accurate PT6 engine simulation within the sim.  
But I do think we should be able to move back to a previous, non-beta version.  The reason we can't, at least in my opinion...server space and bandwidth for an obsolete version.  But that's just my opinion.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, GoldenTomcat said:

I thought it was a problem as well. Turns out your battery isn't charged lmao. Just recharge it, by paying or by using the GPU. When you open the maintenance menu and click on electronics click on test battery and you can see how charged it is. Hope this helps! 

Really it happens every time i select the TBM.......

3 hours ago, Andries Gouws said:

Really it happens every time i select the TBM.......

Jis Andries,

Remember its a living plane, so make sure you shut it down properly, because the battery will drain otherwise. 

I'm not an expert as I only purchased the plane on Monday and a little frustrated that my new investment doesn't fly as it should.

Groete uit Namibië.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:22 PM, DwightP980 said:

@MD111977 I notice you say that when the TBM-900 does load that "its on fire with smashed windows sitting on its tail". I too had the same problem back in the beginning which after reading through the forums I found the fix to be this:

Go to your X-Plane11 file folder and open it. Now the Output folder and open it. Inside the Output folder you will find a folder named TBM900. Click on the TBM900 folder and you will now find a folder named state delete the state folder and all of it's contents. It will now reset the aircraft and no more fire, cracked windows or crashed airplane, unless we get careless again ;-)

As far as the rest of your statement, me personally I love the TBM-900! Now with that being said I purchased X-Plane 11 back on June 8, 2017 and it like any other software I've purchased since 1985 when I started buying software ,was not perfect and has been revised many times since my purchase. Since buying X-Plane I have added over $350(US) dollars in aircraft an add-ons, which most have worked great most of the time, but not all the time. My purchase of the TBM-900 was on Dec. 13, 2018 at a price of $64.95(US). I spent almost two weeks reading threads about the TBM-900 before making my purchase. Is the TBM-900 perfect at this moment? No! Has it worked and performed better than any of my other purchased aircraft for almost all of the now 90+ hours I've flown it? Yes!

I'm pretty sure that software developers produce the finest product they can before releasing it to the public, using a platform (operating systems and hardware) which meet the requirements to use in most current systems. Do they sometimes not play nice with other hardware or software? Yes! When that happens what do they do? Revise the product.

Try removing the state folder, load the TBM, and don't load a flight plan, and whatever you do don't hit the ENT on the G1000. Have fun flying what you can with these limitations, and when this issue is resolved I'd almost bet the TBM-900 will be one of your favorite aircraft.

Just my 2 cents....Regards!  

Thanks for that ill give it a go , Your the only one to who seems to know what there talking about. I am sure its a great product if i could only fly it long enough before it crashes the sim.

• Downvote 1

On 2/6/2019 at 9:34 PM, sd_flyer said:

I just want to put my 2c. In my opinion HotStart developers are  professional, caring, and diligent in their work. They are always listen and provide timely updates. No reason to get frustrated about temporary delay because that how software business. 

MD111977: please do not project your frustration on developers. Calm down and get patient like the rest of us. 

Calm down and get patient like the rest of us??? no wonder its not fixed lol

• Downvote 1