CTD with X-Plane 11.31rc1 and TBM 1.1.4b

fog

1 hour ago, jjanddaz said:

Bought the plane on Saturday (the same time I updated to 11.31!!) not been able to fly yet, just updated to 11.32 still crashing attached is my log, thanks for any help

Log.txt

I see the same error in other peoples log.  Can you tell me step by step, what you did before the crash happens.  I need to try to re-create this

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

Cannot reproduce.  I've seen cases of people having a rogue controller assignment that can affect the crash bar.  Can you check your key/button assignments and make sure they're not assigned to anything to do with electrical power.

all keys set to default, just reset yoke to default still crashing on flightplan, i've just managed to fly for 30 minutes without touching the flightplan no problems as soon as i try to enter anything into the flightplan it crashed mid air

2 minutes ago, jjanddaz said:

all keys set to default, just reset yoke to default still crashing on flightplan, i've just managed to fly for 30 minutes without touching the flightplan no problems as soon as i try to enter anything into the flightplan it crashed mid air

The crash, we've determined, is on Laminars end.  Saso has reached out to Ben Supnik and made him aware of it.  Regardless, the update he was working on will go ahead.  

With regards to the crash bar, there are 3 other possible solutions I can recommend. 
1.  Delete or move the contents of the preferences folder, and relaunch X-Plane. 
2.  Delete the contents of the TBM "State" folder and let it rebuild on next launch

3.  Reinstall the TBM.  

• Upvote 1

Hi @Goran_M!  I can confirm that with a fresh TBM install, new XP Pref and empty TBM "State" folder the crash still occurs with XP 11.32b1.  As soon as you select the "enter" button (airport or other) XP will quietly close down.  I feel your pain...LOL!  However, since all my other payware aircraft work just fine and I have not experienced any other downsides with XP 11.3xxx versions it appears that you folks NEED to address this here.  The crash info may have been relayed to XP but they have bigger fish to fry than "fixing" the TBM.  Please do all you can to get this fixed on your end.  I have been happily flying this incredible model since it's release  - it is so painful to leave it in my virtual hanger...

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, MD111977 said:

Hi all i bought the 900 2 weeks ago and would love to say it fly's like a dream  . (Running 11.31 X plane) . But its a nightmare , crash to desktop all, the time and when the TBM 900 dose load its on fire with smashed windows sitting on its tail????? No reply from Hot Start or X Aviation over 50 euros down the drain currently on mt 10th install to remedy the issue and its been worked on ???? Well i call bullshit on that , for this should have NEVER  been released in the first place ,truly disgraceful to con people out there money ,not to mention you can forget a refund . Lesson learnt and ive warned people on other  forums to stay clear .

@MD111977 I notice you say that when the TBM-900 does load that "its on fire with smashed windows sitting on its tail". I too had the same problem back in the beginning which after reading through the forums I found the fix to be this:

Go to your X-Plane11 file folder and open it. Now the Output folder and open it. Inside the Output folder you will find a folder named TBM900. Click on the TBM900 folder and you will now find a folder named state delete the state folder and all of it's contents. It will now reset the aircraft and no more fire, cracked windows or crashed airplane, unless we get careless again ;-)

As far as the rest of your statement, me personally I love the TBM-900! Now with that being said I purchased X-Plane 11 back on June 8, 2017 and it like any other software I've purchased since 1985 when I started buying software ,was not perfect and has been revised many times since my purchase. Since buying X-Plane I have added over $350(US) dollars in aircraft an add-ons, which most have worked great most of the time, but not all the time. My purchase of the TBM-900 was on Dec. 13, 2018 at a price of $64.95(US). I spent almost two weeks reading threads about the TBM-900 before making my purchase. Is the TBM-900 perfect at this moment? No! Has it worked and performed better than any of my other purchased aircraft for almost all of the now 90+ hours I've flown it? Yes!

I'm pretty sure that software developers produce the finest product they can before releasing it to the public, using a platform (operating systems and hardware) which meet the requirements to use in most current systems. Do they sometimes not play nice with other hardware or software? Yes! When that happens what do they do? Revise the product.

Try removing the state folder, load the TBM, and don't load a flight plan, and whatever you do don't hit the ENT on the G1000. Have fun flying what you can with these limitations, and when this issue is resolved I'd almost bet the TBM-900 will be one of your favorite aircraft.

Just my 2 cents....Regards!  

Well folks , I love the TBM-900, and I have been flying the plane since it came out.

No problems until the latest update, and now I cannot even get off the ground.

I have done all of the procedures to get the crash bar to stay up.

This is also one of many bugs I now get, flight plans were one of the other problem bugs I have.

I have deleted files and reloaded and I have remove plugins , state  files, etc.

There definitely is a problem with either X plane or Hotstart.

Im not complaining, in fact I know you folks are working hard to fix all the problems.

With a plane this far advance, I hope you talented  folks did not think you were not going to have these issues.

This GA plane from my experience is second to none to any other competitor out there; and I have been simming for twenty five + years.

This plane is like the real deal, and this is the first time in my simming years that , instead of flying another plane, I just shut down the com.

Once you get into the Hotstart Tbm-900, and you have been simming for awhile you just cannot fly any other plane , they just don't measure up.

Well that's just me anyway.

Sorry Hotstart, you should not have created such a fine plane. We professional simmers know a good plane when we fly one:).

Patients is a virtue, so keep up the good work, you folks have change the GA world.

THx for listening...…..RobertC 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, JamesEGNS said:

Have to agree here. Bought the aircraft 3 days ago and have not been able to complete a single flight.. feels like a waste of money but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

I'm in exactly the same position James.   Bought last night and not currently usable.   But.... it's clear that it's not Hot Start's fault, but Laminar and their highly suspect release candidates as of late.

Hopefully we'll be flying the TBM soon!

On 2/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, jjanddaz said:

crash bar to up, sauce to batt, disable warnings, ent on middle screen then fpl = crash

...identical point at which it crashes for me.  Haven't even been able to hear my lovely engine yet! :)

Edited by JYW

6 hours ago, JYW said:

I'm in exactly the same position James.   Bought last night and not currently usable.   But.... it's clear that it's not Hot Start's fault, but Laminar and their highly suspect release candidates as of late.

Hopefully we'll be flying the TBM soon!

...identical point at which it crashes for me.  Haven't even been able to hear my lovely engine yet! :)

@JYW If you haven't already found this in the previous posts, make sure you DO NOT enter a Flight Plan or touch the ENT button. I have been flying no problem with the current issues provided you don't mess with the FLT or ENT buttons. And it doesn't matter if you are doing this through the PFD or MFD, touch the buttons and you will CTD. I'm having no trouble flying or with any system until inputting a flight plan entry or location input, and pushing the ENT button. It's not ideal, but it should get you flying.

30 minutes ago, DwightP980 said:

@JYW If you haven't already found this in the previous posts, make sure you DO NOT enter a Flight Plan or touch the ENT button. I have been flying no problem with the current issues provided you don't mess with the FLT or ENT buttons. And it doesn't matter if you are doing this through the PFD or MFD, touch the buttons and you will CTD. I'm having no trouble flying or with any system until inputting a flight plan entry or location input, and pushing the ENT button. It's not ideal, but it should get you flying.

Last time I tried I could enter waypoints, but as soon as I tried to delete the current flightplan or set the destination airport bam.  Before the 'fpl file workaround' posted a little while ago, I also couldn't start the engine.  It would CTD just before 50% NG.

I don't envy the developers that have to wrangle these sorts of weird bugs.

@dcowsill    Last time I tried I could enter waypoints, but as soon as I tried to delete the current flightplan or set the destination airport bam.  Before the 'fpl file workaround' posted a little while ago, I also couldn't start the engine.  It would CTD just before 50% NG.

I don't envy the developers that have to wrangle these sorts of weird bugs.

@dcowsill The trick for me was open X-Plane 11, selected the C172 w/G1000, battery on, avionics Master on. I then selected the FPL on the PFD, selected the field shown in the FPL, and hit the CLR button followed by the ENT button. After clearing the previous flight plan of all data it now showed KLAX which is the location the TBM went CTD, and was the same location I selected to open the C172.

Reopened the TBM, hit the FPL button and the only entry now showed KLAX. At that point as I stated before don't enter a flight plan, or any other data into the FPL page. Since using this procedure I have flown from KLAX to currently KLLR in CA. with four stops along the way and no problem with CTD's. Touch the FPL, enter data, hit ENT and it will CTD.

Your mileage may very, but for me it works!

Hi guys, just as many of you I recently bought this amazing GA, and so far I have the exactly same problems with the FPL, I want to be patient, just wonder if you have heard of any ETA of the fix Laminar or XA? I would love to perform a flight with procedures, I think every one does. Thank you in advance !! Greetings from Mexico MMPB 

1 hour ago, CapiRamirez said:

Hi guys, just as many of you I recently bought this amazing GA, and so far I have the exactly same problems with the FPL, I want to be patient, just wonder if you have heard of any ETA of the fix Laminar or XA? I would love to perform a flight with procedures, I think every one does. Thank you in advance !! Greetings from Mexico MMPB 

Just read a few post back and we explained how to temporarily use it without GPS navigation... Greetings from KSEE (but I grew up at MMTJ). 

Edited by j07rdi

2 hours ago, CapiRamirez said:

If all goes smoothly, a matter of days.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DwightP980 said:

Thanks Dwight - with your help, I have been able to perform my first flight since purchase!     I loaded a flight with the C172 G1000, programmed my entire flight plan (inc. PROCS), and then changed to the TBM.    I was able to fly a full leg, although didn't dare try to make any FPL changes.

Thanks,

Bill

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JYW said:

Thanks Dwight - with your help, I have been able to perform my first flight since purchase!     I loaded a flight with the C172 G1000, programmed my entire flight plan (inc. PROCS), and then changed to the TBM.    I was able to fly a full leg, although didn't dare try to make any FPL changes.

Thanks,

Bill

Your welcome Bill! For me I leave the FPL blank, and have gone back to flying the TBM-900 the way I flew most of the real aircraft I flew back in the 70's and 80's and that was by VOR, and I'm loving it. I will try loading a leg per your method, and continue on with my great adventure across the United States.

23 hours ago, JYW said:

Thanks,

Bill

Good to know it worked for you. Personally, I think 11.31 borked the whole G1000 system. I'm getting crashes (although less reliably reproducible) with the default C172 G1000 and the Cirrus SF50 G1000 too.

Really waiting for Laminar to release a hotfix :/

• Like 1

Hi @DwightP980.  I don't think the VOR to VOR is going to work very well.  I tried that and noticed that the radials were "off".  Try loading the C172 / G1000 at an airport near a VOR then see what the "direct to" is.  I think you will find the VOR info in the TBM is different.  It's off by 20 or 30 degrees in my sim.  The TBM is addictive and when it was working properly I flew it to the exclusion of all my other payware however I'm not going to invest time in this model again until it's fixed.  I'm thinking that is going to be longer than "a few days" as it seems really, really broken.  The upside of this is that I'm getting back to flying a few other models and realizing how much I enjoyed them prior to the TBM.  Meanwhile I will - along with many others - hope that the TBM is fixed sooner rather than later.  Keep the shiny side up!

17 hours ago, oldflyguy said:

Hi @DwightP980.  I don't think the VOR to VOR is going to work very well.  I tried that and noticed that the radials were "off".  Try loading the C172 / G1000 at an airport near a VOR then see what the "direct to" is.  I think you will find the VOR info in the TBM is different.  It's off by 20 or 30 degrees in my sim.  The TBM is addictive and when it was working properly I flew it to the exclusion of all my other payware however I'm not going to invest time in this model again until it's fixed.  I'm thinking that is going to be longer than "a few days" as it seems really, really broken.  The upside of this is that I'm getting back to flying a few other models and realizing how much I enjoyed them prior to the TBM.  Meanwhile I will - along with many others - hope that the TBM is fixed sooner rather than later.  Keep the shiny side up!

@oldguy Sir, I read your post not long after arriving at Renton, WA- KRNT. I thought I had read your post carefully so, opened X-Plane turned the weather generator off, so I'd have clear skies and visually be able to see the VORTAC building as I overflew the station at Sea-Tac Airport at Seattle, WA - KSEA, hopped back in the TBM motored the engine long enough to lower ITT to start and taxied to runway 34.

Test 1:  I set the VOR CRS1 to the Seattle VORTAC on Channel 116.80 and selected the 160° TO radial. I flew the runway heading 340° using the HEADING mode till reaching 3,000 msl. I then turned back towards the 160° radial and when the CDI started to move engaged the NAV mode with VOR1 selected. The CDI never perfectly centered, but was never more than 5° off and letting the Auto-Pilot control the aircraft flew me directly over the station with the CDI showing the normal wall to wall defection that would be expected passing over the station.

I then flew south approximately 30 miles on the 160° heading (still flying away from the station)  did a 30° right turn flew outbound for 60 seconds and then a 180° left turn. Set the CRS1 to 340° TO heading and again back over the VORTAC. About 5 miles off the 34R runway I did a 180° turn back to the field selecting the 160° radial on the CRS1 deciding to land on 16C and the CDI showed what I expected to see which was a deviation to the right of course. I then did what I likely wouldn't do if given the chance to actually fly a real TBM-900, which was just short of the thresh hold for 16C I side stepped over to 16L which the CDI then indicated I was to the left of 160° radial. At that point I landed.

Now, after going back and re-reading your post what I failed to do was load a C172 and set it up first and then compare to the TBM. I had loaded the TBM set everything up in the TBM and flew the course and had results that I would expect to see if flying a real TBM with G1000, which again I've never done.

Test 2: So, I just loaded the C172 / G1000  on the ramp at KSEA. From my location the Direct TO shows Bearing 253° CRS 253° and DIS .2nm on the screen and when I center the CDI I show 249° CRS. I then loaded the TBM at exactly the same location and the results are Direct TO Bearing 259° CRS 259° DIS .2nm, and when I center the CDI it's at 255°

Looks like to me, and I'm no expert, that the Cessna 172 was a 4° difference from the Direct To the CDI indication, and the TBM has a 4° difference as well. I'm not sure what the allowable difference is or if this is an error but the maximum difference I show between both aircraft on my system is 4°

Not sure why your system show such a large deviation between aircraft, but for mine I'm good with the results for the time being. Still can't wait till the fix is out to get back to the pre-CTD days, but for the time being I'm still flying. 

Test 3: Thinking about this over a cup of coffee this morning I thought perhaps the distance from the VOR station may have some bearing on the accuracy. I relocated the TBM back to KRNT and with the aircraft running on the ramp at the location I parked showed the needle centered with 211° TO the VOR and the Direct To showed Bearing 214° CRS 214° and 5.1nm. The C-172 / G1000 when parked at the same spot showed exactly the same information as the TBM.

BTW, I'm using a Windows 10 64-bit desktop system, I7-7700 CPU @4.20 Ghz, w/ 16GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 8 MB X=Plane 11.31 and TBM 1.1.4B.  I see a lot of remarks about people using STEAM and I don't know if it all plays the same as a PC based system.

Regards,

Dwight

Edited by DwightP980
Edited to add version numbers. Added Test 3