CTD with X-Plane 11.31rc1 and TBM 1.1.4b

fog

There is no question that the latest XP update has "borked" the TBM.  My own experience with 11.31r1 has been very positive with this exception.  All of my other payware models are working.  The problem areas that still exist in this update don't seem to have any connection to the TBM issues.  It's looking like this is a "custom G1000" thing that the TBM devs need to address.  One more thing - is it just me or did the AOA indicator stop working as well?  Looks like the TBM goes into the hanger for a while - it's my favorite by far but...

XP 11.31, Latest TBM900

Another CTD, when i cleared the previous flight plan this happened:

2019-02-06 17:46:24 TBM900[efis.c:2018]: assertion "ref != -1" failed: 
Backtrace is:
0 0000000080030CB2 D:\X-Plane 11b\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+40cb2 (efis_get_dest+a2)
1 00000000800C1E66 D:\X-Plane 11b\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+d1e66 (taws_floop_cb+1f6)
2 00000000800CDC11 D:\X-Plane 11b\Aircraft\X-Aviation\TBM-900\plugins\systems\win_x64\systems.xpl+ddc11 (main_floop_cb+7a1)
3 00007FFD06C55202 D:\X-Plane 11b\Resources\plugins\XPLM_64.dll+15202 ()
4 00007FFD06C4B374 D:\X-Plane 11b\Resources\plugins\XPLM_64.dll+b374 ()
5 00007FF6375C48B4 D:\X-Plane 11b\X-Plane.exe+a248b4 ()
6 00007FF636C789B9 D:\X-Plane 11b\X-Plane.exe+d89b9 ()
7 00007FF63700311A D:\X-Plane 11b\X-Plane.exe+46311a ()
8 00007FF637870D87 D:\X-Plane 11b\X-Plane.exe+cd0d87 ()
9 00007FF636C7BAFC D:\X-Plane 11b\X-Plane.exe+dbafc ()
10 00007FF637A8FBC7 D:\X-Plane 11b\X-Plane.exe+eefbc7 ()
11 00007FFD1DAD81F4 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL+181f4 ()
12 00007FFD1E58A251 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+6a251 ()

Log.txt

Hi all i bought the 900 2 weeks ago and would love to say it fly's like a dream  . (Running 11.31 X plane) . But its a nightmare , crash to desktop all, the time and when the TBM 900 dose load its on fire with smashed windows sitting on its tail????? No reply from Hot Start or X Aviation over 50 euros down the drain currently on mt 10th install to remedy the issue and its been worked on ???? Well i call bullshit on that , for this should have NEVER  been released in the first place ,truly disgraceful to con people out there money ,not to mention you can forget a refund . Lesson learnt and ive warned people on other  forums to stay clear .

Edited by MD111977
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

24 minutes ago, MD111977 said:

Hi all i bought the 900 2 weeks ago and would love to say it fly's like a dream  . (Running 11.31 X plane) . But its a nightmare , crash to desktop all, the time and when the TBM 900 dose load its on fire with smashed windows sitting on its tail????? No reply from Hot Start or X Aviation over 50 euros down the drain currently on mt 10th install to remedy the issue and its been worked on ???? Well i call bullshit on that , for this should have NEVER  been released in the first place ,truly disgraceful to con people out there money ,not to mention you can forget a refund . Lesson learnt and ive warned people on other  forums to stay clear .

When you bought it 2 weeks ago you should have been able to fly it. It was the 11.31 update which broke things up and this is only out since a few days now, not 2 weeks. If you think it's bullshit that the devs are working hard to fix it, well then nobody here can help you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OldFlyGuy:

One more thing - is it just me or did the AOA indicator stop working as well?

Same to me heh really now don't know but worked for me before, I must load 11.30x for check, now I'm on 11.26r2. eeehm little OFT but looks like XP11 real weather doesn't work now due some Certificate????? Really all CTDs with 11.31 are 'normal' with TBM, as was mentioned before, devs working on solution so hope with 11.32...

om-ico

Just now, RobW05 said:

When you bought it 2 weeks ago you should have been able to fly it. It was the 11.31 update which broke things up and this is only out since a few days now, not 2 weeks. If you think it's bullshit that the devs are working hard to fix it, well then nobody here can help you. 

Actually releasing a product thats not for for market is just incompetent  ,Sulk all you want its a fact. Flight Factor /Rotate /IXEG/Flightjsim  no issues 

Edited by MD111977
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

14 minutes ago, MD111977 said:

Actually releasing a product thats not for for market is just incompetent  ,Sulk all you want its a fact. Flight Factor /Rotate /IXEG/Flightjsim  no issues 

Are you new to X-Plane?

I have used it since the early days of X-Plane 9, and Laminar are always striving to improve the sim, sometimes this breaks payware aircraft. Rest assured, in my experience, these Devs talk to Laminar and things will get sorted out so you can use these add-ons. Normally things get sorted fairly quickly and add-ons are usable again. I know it is frustrating when you have spent your money on something, but be patient it will be sorted.

I have bought many products from X-Aviation, never had a problem with them, always Devs available first-hand to deal with any problems/questions. That is the thing I find really great with X-Plane, you are able to speak to the developers and Laminar Research one-to-one, and they are always more than willing to help you out.

I am in a similar position to yourself, only bought the TBM last week, but I will wait patiently, knowing that this will be fixed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, MD111977 said:

Actually releasing a product thats not for for market is just incompetent  ,Sulk all you want its a fact. 

Don't know why you think so, but let's leave it at that.

For me,  this is one of the most realistic and sophisticated planes I have seen for xplane and it was running well on my end since months. (although i had fps problems back in November which are gone since then)

It's fact that some of the changes Laminar introduced with 11.31 broke the custom G1000 in the TBM 900, but this does not detract from the devs providing excellent support through this forum. 

'Bullshit' and 'incompetent' is disrespectful, to say the least. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, RobW05 said:

Don't know why you think so, but let's leave it at that.

For me,  this is one of the most realistic and sophisticated planes I have seen for xplane and it was running well on my end since months. (although i had fps problems back in November which are gone since then)

It's fact that some of the changes Laminar introduced with 11.31 broke the custom G1000 in the TBM 900, but this does not detract from the devs providing excellent support through this forum. 

'Bullshit' and 'incompetent' is disrespectful, to say the least. 

Still sulking?. I guess you can afford to throw away 50/60 bucks good for you mate well done 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I got the TBM 900 about two weeks ago, and it worked flawlessly. A great plane in my opinion, and well worth the money. I am frustrated that the last x-plane update has rendered the plane to be pretty much unusable, but the TBM Dev team have no fault in it breaking.

MD111977, while I understand your frustration, playing a blame game and trying to say that the TBM Dev team released something which was not for the market, is not quite right. It worked great, until the last xplane update, at least for me, and I am sure that this will be resolved at the core by the xplane team or by the TBM team. Regarding your comments on sulking, I would just like to share the definition I found for that: be silent, morose, and bad-tempered out of annoyance or disappointment

As all others have said here, we need to be patient and wait for the fix, be it from the xplane or TBM team, and then we can all enjoy this great product again. 

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, MD111977 said:

Still sulking?. I guess you can afford to throw away 50/60 bucks good for you mate well done 

1 hour ago, MD111977 said:

I think you need to calm down.  The TBM was thoroughly tested for more than 6 months with various streamers, and we haven't stopped working on updates since day 1.  We finally had a stable release (with the exception of a few CTD's that were backtraced to XP11)  until X Plane 11.31 came out, and from the moment we received the very first CTD report, Saso has been working on fixing it.  He has a small group of testers making sure the next update is working with 11.31 before it goes final.  
Before you jump to harsh conclusions, it might serve you well to read the other posts in this forum.
Calling us incompetent will not get you the update any faster.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

@oldflyguy I know is not a complete fix, as soon as I mess with the "direct" button or navigation it will break, but everything else works. In the meantime I'm fine, I'm using my Foreflight to track flights and autopilot in HDG mode with pure ground-based approaches (ILS, LOC, and VORs). Basically treating the airplane like GPS is INOP, until the fix is released. =)

I just want to put my 2c. In my opinion HotStart developers are  professional, caring, and diligent in their work. They are always listen and provide timely updates. No reason to get frustrated about temporary delay because that how software business. 

MD111977: please do not project your frustration on developers. Calm down and get patient like the rest of us. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, MD111977 said:

Whats wrong with you??? I think you kidding yourself buddy!!!! The TBM ist the best addon for XP11 so far. Ist a bit broken with 1131 but that more a problem of XP than a problem of Hotstart. You simply trolling this addon and Hotstart so i think X-Aviation should ban you for saying somthing stupid.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

I think you need to calm down.  The TBM was thoroughly tested for more than 6 months with various streamers, and we haven't stopped working on updates since day 1.  We finally had a stable release (with the exception of a few CTD's that were backtraced to XP11)  until X Plane 11.31 came out, and from the moment we received the very first CTD report, Saso has been working on fixing it.  He has a small group of testers making sure the next update is working with 11.31 before it goes final.  
Before you jump to harsh conclusions, it might serve you well to read the other posts in this forum.
Calling us incompetent will not get you the update any faster.

Hey Goran don´t let you trolling from this guy. This addon is a beauty and its not a problem for us to wait of for a update. Please take enough time and make it simply great.

• Downvote 2

I am still on XP v11.30 and the TBM900 v1.1.4b and the trims don't work, anyone noticed that? I used to use the 5,6,7 keys to adjust the rudder for take off, but the rudder trim doesn't move. I can manually adjust the pitch trim but can't with from the yoke anymore. All worked previous to 1.1.4b.

All other AC ok...

Sorry if I missed a post about this. Thanks for one of the better pay ware planes for XP.

5 hours ago, oldflyguy said:

@j07rdi, we all appreciate your detective work!  And yes, except for the G1000 and the AOA indicator it all seems to work fine.  I'm just wondering if you can find a TBM900/A somewhere in Trade-a-Plane...really LOL!  Keep the shiny side up...

@oldflyguy Weird my AOA works! That should be something else. 

2 hours ago, gtrevol said:

I am still on XP v11.30 and the TBM900 v1.1.4b and the trims don't work, anyone noticed that? I used to use the 5,6,7 keys to adjust the rudder for take off, but the rudder trim doesn't move. I can manually adjust the pitch trim but can't with from the yoke anymore. All worked previous to 1.1.4b.

All other AC ok...

Sorry if I missed a post about this. Thanks for one of the better pay ware planes for XP.

I had a similar issue, when the TMB trim is off, it will not work anymore with my joystick.. So i went to the keyboard configuration and I noticed that you have "mechanical trim" and "Electronic trim" like in real life, I don;t remember seeing the mechanical trim before and, electronic trim doesn't work when you have the trim switch off, no power or you have electrical failure (also like in real life). So I switched my joystick to the mechanical trim -is like physically moving the wheel- and now it always works.  

Edited by j07rdi