CTD with X-Plane 11.31rc1 and TBM 1.1.4b

fog

Thx, I guess ill wait, im having way to many CTD,s of late to enjoy the sim.

It crashes during loading plans , clicking on flt plan button will cause a crash, I will  CTD at anytime now and that's not good.

I got a CTD just before touchdown, or when im in mid flight.

I did a dump and load , and nothing else is on my com and I still will get strange behavior.

im a patient man and I will wait for a fix.:)

16 hours ago, RobertC said:

Thx, I guess ill wait, im having way to many CTD,s of late to enjoy the sim.

It crashes during loading plans , clicking on flt plan button will cause a crash, I will  CTD at anytime now and that's not good.

I got a CTD just before touchdown, or when im in mid flight.

I did a dump and load , and nothing else is on my com and I still will get strange behavior.

im a patient man and I will wait for a fix.:)

I am having the same issue and unfortunately I can't downgrade to x-plane 11.3. FRUSTRATING to say the least..... 

I too am having WAY too many crashes to enjoy this sim. Almost ready to revert back to P3D. At least I can finish a flight without a crash......

Edited by Daytona125

I believe the lesson I've learned from the update to X-Plane 11.31r1 (build 113100 64-bit) is to not smash the update button as soon as you see it.

After almost 88 logged hours now in the TBM-900 with really very few failures, this is a lesson learned for me.

I shall continue to patiently wait for a fix for this CTD with 11.31r1 and TBM 1.1.4b problem, and when/if XP 11.32 arrives I will implement my 72 hour hold :-)

TBM900_Log.txt

1 hour ago, briannippert said:

As a temporary work around I found that loading another plane and removing any active flight plan fixed the freezing during the avionics startup process. 

@briannippertThank you! This has gotten me back in the air.

Though I had tried loading other aircraft, the part I failed to do was clear the flight plan from the G1000 in the XP C-172.

I was able to fly out of KLAX with the TBM-900 and shoot the 25L ILS back in to LAX with no CTD, First flight since updating to XP 11.31r1

Nice being able to get back in the air!

These "fixes" don't work.  You can enter procedures out of your departure airport and procedures back into that airport.  As soon as you attempt to enter a destination airport the sim will shut down.  I completely understand why the TBM team cannot attempt to fix this as XP 11.3xxx is a moving target.  I am an XP fan and have been for years but this is a very frustrating period.  Perhaps Laminar should take a breath - I'm in no hurry for Vulcan and don't care (right now) for VR.  I know these technologies are the future but we don't HAVE to get there by 5PM today...LOL!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldflyguy said:

These "fixes" don't work.  You can enter procedures out of your departure airport and procedures back into that airport.  As soon as you attempt to enter a destination airport the sim will shut down.  I completely understand why the TBM team cannot attempt to fix this as XP 11.3xxx is a moving target.  I am an XP fan and have been for years but this is a very frustrating period.  Perhaps Laminar should take a breath - I'm in no hurry for Vulcan and don't care (right now) for VR.  I know these technologies are the future but we don't HAVE to get there by 5PM today...LOL!

@oldguy Right you are sir, as I just found out! Everything seemed fine until, I shut the XP down and reopened only to be back to square one (CTD failure).

My 2 cents worth is, I think Laminar should provide a path when updating to fall back to a previous update or working point. As I said earlier today, it is a lesson learned for me.

I sure don't blame the TBM team either, because I have to many hours flying the 900 with basically no issues, other than as you say trying to keep up with the moving Laminar target.

So for the time being it looks like a two boot process, to fly the TBM-900 but you can bet I'll sure think twice, before I touch that update button so dog gone fast again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldflyguy said:

Have to agree here. Bought the aircraft 3 days ago and have not been able to complete a single flight.. feels like a waste of money but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

I'm in the middle of a flight right now.  As @briannippert suggested, I started by loading the default C172.  I then loaded up the flight plan I wanted to fly in the TBM and closed X-Plane.  Next I restarted XP and loaded up the TBM.  After powering the aircraft up I checked to make sure the proper flight plan was in the G1000 (it was).  Took off and in the air at FL300.  I've loaded up the approach procedure for the destination without problem.  It's a bit of a pain in the patoot to have to do it this way but worth it to be able to fly this wonderful bird.

@briannippert Thank you, but unfortunately it didn't work for me, I tried G1000 @ 172, deleted/created/changed the flight plan and even loaded app procedures but it didn't work, it will keep crashing. So, this lead me to more digging: 

After the hint related to flight plans being loaded or not will cause the TMB 900 to crash, I went to look for those files related to saving the flight plans, so I Google around and I found that those files should be stored somewhere in here:  \X-Plane 11\Output\ . So I tried all short of things and finally, I decided to delete everything  (including my joystick and all my settings, which I backed up of course!) and... the TBM worked again!!!! Such a relief, after my real airplane broke last week TMB 900 is my only fix.

So, I went back and restored everything and again, TBM crashed, as expected. So I least I was able to reproduce the problem. I started to individually delete folders and that lead me to "\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences", the only one that after deletion I was able to use the airplane again.. So, I individually deleted every single file inside but it didn't work........... So, I went back, deleted everything again, booted without my settings, used TMB (without any problems), then close X-plane and explored the newly generated files and I noticed "fms-0.fml" and "fms-1.fml". So I copied them, restore my old preferences folder and replace the "fms-0.fml", which was alone, for some reason "fms-1.fml" didn't exist in my original/old "setup". I booted again and viola! TMB 900 is working again with my old settings...

So, I'm attaching the files here, just go to \X-Plane 11\Output\preferences\ and place or replace "fms-0.fml" and "fms-1.fml" with the ones attached here and try again, it worked for me. I'm also attaching "fms-0 (INOP).fml", which is the broken file not letting me play in case somebody wants to do some "NTSB" forensics.  I hope it helps somebody. 

Side topic, I found this very interesting video that explains what the "Inertial Sep" switch does (TMB 900): 

fms-0 (INOP).fml

fms-0.fml

fms-1.fml

Edited by j07rdi
  • Like 1

Hello j07rdi,

thnx for perfect investigation, will try your tip. Simply from my tests, CTD was random, never had idea before what can cause this CTDs but also some problems occured with my manipulation with FPLs. What interesting is to my problems is that CTDs are common on both versions - 11.62r2 and also with 11.30x. I have only 3-rd party payware aircrafts, no Ortho or other realted packs and simply clear XP11 instalation, no problems with that other aircrafts only TBM9. Will test your recommendation and will see, hope this is problem what we want find. Thnx again for your time...

om-ico