CTD with X-Plane 11.31rc1 and TBM 1.1.4b

fog

14 hours ago, fog said:

Hi!

See attached log.txt.. Seems like a kernel issue from the log. Issue was not existing with X-Plane 11.30.

Freddy

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

Not a kernel issue. Just a failed check of a X-Plane relevant navigation data for airport icao codes. Laminar changed some little stuff in 11.31

This line tells ya the cause:

2019-01-28 14:59:21 TBM900[efis.c:2018]: assertion "ref != -1" failed: 

Assertion check failed. 

For the time revert to 11.30 until hotstart publishes an update. Hope another 11.31 version won't bork that again.

Hi guys.

Just wanted to add my own observations:

For me it crashes without fail whenever I delete the flight plan or delete the last existing point of a flight plan. It also crashed when I added the destination airport after the departure, however I tried this just once.

My current workaround is to do all the flight plan related stuff in the C172 G1000 and then just carry over the plan in the TBM.

Good to hear, that hotstart is already working on it ^^
Here's my log just for good measure.

Cheers

Log.txt

Nice to hear that this issue has been posted already.  I'm currently stuck in Antarctica at SCRM lol.  It seems that 'Direct To' works with *some* airports, but not others.

Nice observations, gaf_flyer, I'll mess around with that.

My current situation is with SAWB loaded in via C172 G1000, the TBM still freezes after a minute or so.

I don't see a way to revert back to a previous version of XP without starting over and undoing days of work.  I wish Laminar would introduce a "roll-back" feature.

Hope it's resolved soon :) 

17 minutes ago, RobW05 said:

It seems Laminar marked 11.31rc1 as 'final', so there's no way to revert back unless you have saved a copy of 11.30. 

Let's hope the devs find a fix on their end. 

Yeah that's really unlucky.. Devs have a fix and I also hope they release an update quickly. Otherwise the aircraft will be grounded for some folks... 

For steam version I am trying to downgrade xplane 11 according to this instruction: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994 

I downloaded both the base game and windows part. Is working for now, I managed to make a flight plan, but I have yet to do the test flight.

Edit: First flight was okay but I have gotten for a moment some weird colours, will try again after restarting xplane and cleaning shader cache.

Edited 3 hours ago by DarkIgo

For steam version I am trying to downgrade xplane 11 according to this instruction: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994 

I downloaded both the base game and windows part. Is working for now, I managed to make a flight plan, but I have yet to do the test flight.

Edit: First flight was okay but I have gotten for a moment some weird colours, will try again after restarting xplane and cleaning shader cache

this not working to me - cannot change/add "-console" to shortcut - error is occuring