SAAB 340A - Wing flex

cscostas

11 minutes ago, cscostas said:

Hi all,

can you please tell me if wing flex is supported in this product? If yes, do I need to change any settings because I dont observe any flex even on hard landings.

Thank you,

Costas

Wingflex in a SAAB 340???? I have flown in them a few times and never noticed any....

On 1/25/2019 at 8:50 PM, darrenbe said:

The wing does flex in real-life, more than you might expect for a relatively short wing.  More noticeable at the wing tip, especially during turbulence.  

Sound like you may have some personal experience.  Any chance you could provide some video of this ?

Edited by JGregory

I used to travel quite a bit in Saab 340's and 2000's, but unfortunately I don't have any video, however this video on youtube has a typical example of the sort of flex on the 340 wing.

I'm not sure if it would be worth simulating, as it's nothing like a B777, 747, 787 or similar where the flex is on the extreme side. 

I used to travel quite a bit in Saab 340's and 2000's, but unfortunately I don't have any video, however this video on youtube has a typical example of the sort of flex on the 340 wing.
I'm not sure if it would be worth simulating, as it's nothing like a B777, 747, 787 or similar where the flex is on the extreme side. 

Even if it’s toward the tip of the wings, it’s worth it. I even wish that some heavies would simulate the vibration when flaps when extended beyond flap 2.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...