Correct aircraft equipment code for flightplan

sho69607

I'm confused as to what the correct equipment suffix I should file for the 737-300. To my knowledge the FMC that comes with this plane is the original and therefore does not have GNSS/GPS capabilities, so that would be B733/Z correct? I've seen pictures of 737-300 cockpits with one old (green font) and also a newer fms like the NG (white font). Does that give the aircraft satellite capabilities making the aircraft more compliant with newer standards?

The aircraft portrayed (and the ones I flew) have a single GPS receiver - therefore they are GPS approach capable (LNAV minimum - not VNAV minimum). The FMS portrayed is not capable to comply with the newest navigation standards, i.e. it can´t fly arcs with defined radius.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

I appreciate the responses but I was also referring to the equipment suffix that the FAA uses for flightplans here in the US as well. For example: B738/L or B753/Z. I'm assuming that filing /L means you have GNSS, and filing /Z is for planes like the Boeing 757 that have older FMC's with limited RNAV capability? On the overhead I see the IRS receivers but not the GPS L, R receivers which are visible on the 737NG.

Edited by sho69607

3 hours ago, sho69607 said:

I appreciate the responses but I was also referring to the equipment suffix that the FAA uses for flightplans here in the US as well. For example: B738/L or B753/Z. I'm assuming that filing /L means you have GNSS, and filing /Z is for planes like the Boeing 757 that have older FMC's with limited RNAV capability? On the overhead I see the IRS receivers but not the GPS L, R receivers which are visible on the 737NG.

The GPS receiver on the plane modeled is part of the EGPWS card, which was retroactively fit. It´s signal is then sourced into the FMS. You can see the GPS capability when selecting the second page of the POS page in the FMS. There is no indication of GPS anywhere else, not even a circuit breaker.

I don´t know what they file in the U.S., never flew there (on the 737 classic) - and even IF I did I would still have no idea because I never even looked at that code in my life ONCE. :lol:

Jan

Edited by Litjan