New issue with installation to latest build

BillM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I completely removed all my plugins.

Didn't touch the state folder - started Xplane, loaded TBM900, got prompt 'do I wish to continue with flight' - said yes. Aircraft loaded and I had unuseable FPS - see Photo1.

Remained in Xplane and loaded Cessna 172 to check - all okay, good(ish) FPS - see Photo 2

Exit Xplane - removed state folder contents, re-started Xplane, loaded TBM900 and unlike all other occasions, still had unuseable FPS - see Photo 3

RAM and CPU usage appeared to be okay but when I opened Task Manager, GPU was at 100% with TBM - see Photo 4

Loaded up Diamond DA62, FPS okay, RAM, CPU and GPU okay - see Photo 5

It would appear that by removing all plugins,  I was unable to recover the FPS for the TBM900.

I didn't get the chance to fly it so I cannot comment on stability.

With your assistance, I do hope to get the TBM flying again - I will be upgrading my GPU very soon but whilst I do concede that this could be part of the issue, I don't think it is the main problem as I did have the aircraft flying well with pretty good FPS.

As always, your assistance and advice are welcomed.

Kind Regards,

Bill.  

Photo 2_ Cessna 172.PNG

Photo 1_TBM.PNG

Photo 3_TBM_Post State Delete.PNG

Photo 4_GPU Maxed.PNG

Photo 5_Diamond DA62.PNG

A common suggestion at this point is to cut the prefences folder from the XP installation  , paste it , say, to your desktop .

Fire up XP a new preferences folder will be generated , but your keyboard , joystick ,etc settings will be default, Laminar settings .

If your FPS climbs to acceptable levels , you can reintroduce the subfolders of the cut and pasted , now on the desktop ,  preferences folder one by one , see which one is acting as the brake.

Could you try putting all your graphics sliders all the way to the left , then one by one , bump them up a notch ? 

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried modifying the graphics sliders - on minimum the FPS improves to 60 FPS but with unacceptable graphics, with TBM the FPS is around 20.

I reset preferences and shaders when I upgraded to version .30 but will consider trying again.

Again, thanks for your suggestions.

Bill.

2 hours ago, BillM said:

I will be upgrading my GPU very soon but whilst I do concede that this could be part of the issue, I don't think it is the main problem as I did have the aircraft flying well with pretty good FPS.

Your screenshots are further showing my theory of the 970s being stretched too far. Yet again, comparing to other aircraft does you no good here. There's nothing applicable from one creation to the next when it comes to what's ultimately drawn on the GPU.

Thinking further on this, you said "I did have" the aircraft having FPS that were stable. This makes me also suspect that with the recent changes in 11.3 and the introduction of the particle engine, things are just getting pushed too far. It's possible your better, stable FPS days were in a previous version of X-Plane.

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions.

With DA62, I get very good FPS 30-40, depending on weather. 

Good FPS with all other aircraft other than TBM.

Excessive GPU loading is predominantly with TBM but also quite high with some other aircraft - I think this is down to quite an old video card, 2 x GTX670. All connections checked to / from GPUs, all secure.

i will consider fresh Xplane installation at weekend - wary of fixing one thing and then creating other issues.

i will keep trying as I do want to get this very fine model flying again.

Regards,

Bill.

Cameron,

Yes, I had very good FPS prior to version 30.

The only way I can currently compare performance in 30 is against previous experience and current aircraft.

I accept that the TBM is a sophisticated aircraft and will place greater demands on my PC in comparison to other aircraft I have, but I used to decrease some settings to ensure good FPS (I.e. no live weather, decreased graphical settings, etc.) - I can’t achieve that now unless I delete the state folder (up initial today when that also didn’t work when I removed all plugins).

i will continue to try different permutations in the hope of FPS nirvana until I get my new video card.

Regards,

Bill

Hi All,

Followed advice of another poster, loaded stock 172 and then TBM, steady 30FPS!

Will now get started and see if I can get a flight without issues.

I wonder what is going on?

However, I do remember the need to load stock FSX aircraft before complex ones such as PMDG.

Kind Regards,

Bill.

I remember I had to do this on every startup in order to get a payware Twin Otter loaded correctly. On the forums I read that it had something to do with SASL.

But that was back in good old xplane 10 days. 

24 minutes ago, BillM said:

Followed advice of another poster, loaded stock 172 and then TBM, steady 30FPS!