ATC not working

Dr.Strangelove

The latest update broke the ATC in the plane, though differently for the passenger and the cargo variant:

1) Passanger variant’s ATC doesn’t show the usual text on the monitor and while you can hear the pilot speaking you cannot hear the ATC at all, apart from occasional scratches and broken voices that can be heard for less than a second.

2) Cargo variant does show what the ATC and you said on the screen but you can’t hear the ATC in the same way as in the passenger variant.

Note that I do have the latest version of the plane.

Is there any way to fix that?

6 hours ago, Dr.Strangelove said:

The latest update broke the ATC in the plane, though differently for the passenger and the cargo variant:

1) Passanger variant’s ATC doesn’t show the usual text on the monitor and while you can hear the pilot speaking you cannot hear the ATC at all, apart from occasional scratches and broken voices that can be heard for less than a second.

2) Cargo variant does show what the ATC and you said on the screen but you can’t hear the ATC in the same way as in the passenger variant.

We don't have any logic in the Saab that would affect ATC.  In addition, the differences between the passenger and cargo versions are purely visual, there is absolutely NO difference in the systems, so there is no logical reason why one would work and not the other. 

35 minutes ago, JGregory said:

We don't have any logic in the Saab that would affect ATC.  In addition, the differences between the passenger and cargo versions are purely visual, there is absolutely NO difference in the systems, so there is no logical reason why one would work and not the other. 

Just describing the problem. Both don’t work in terms of audio, but the cargo variant at least shows what the ATC said in the text box.

EDIT:

Note that the problem only occurs when I’m using the Saab. All other planes work perfectly fine. Re-installing the Saab didn’t help either.

Edited by Dr.Strangelove

4 hours ago, JGregory said:

Do you have the IXEG 737 ?  If so, does the ATC work in that aircraft ?

I don’t. The ATC works fine in every other plane, both freeware and payware. 

I have the new update that apparently introduced some changes to ATC, perhaps that caused an issue? I haven’t flown the Saab for several months but never experienced any issues before, on the same PC/game install.

Edited by Dr.Strangelove

I asked about the 737 because you stated "All other planes work fine."  Apparently, that statement wasn't quite accurate eh ?  The other reason I asked is because the 737 and the Saab share the same sound engine.  If the same problem exists in the 737 that would be a possible indicator of where the problem lies.  

If any one else is reading this, and you have the Saab and 737, please let us know if you are experiencing this ATC problem as described above.

@Dr.Strangelove  Please post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files. 

1 minute ago, JGregory said:

I asked about the 737 because you stated "All other planes work fine."  Apparently, that statement wasn't quite accurate eh ?  The other reason I asked is because the 737 and the Saab share the same sound engine.  If the same problem exists in the 737 that would be a possible indicator of where the problem lies.  

If any one else is reading this, and you have the Saab and 737, please let us know if you are experiencing this ATC problem as described above.

@Dr.Strangelove  Please post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files. 

Where did I mention that the 737 doesn’t work for me? I stated that I don’t own it.

7 hours ago, Dr.Strangelove said:

Where did I mention that the 737 doesn’t work for me? I stated that I don’t own it.

Huh?  Where did I state that you said the 737 didn't work for you?   What I said was you stated "All other planes work fine."  But, when I asked if you had the 737 you said no.   And then you stated " The ATC works fine in every other plane, both freeware and payware."   I was simply pointing out that when you stated "all other planes" and "every other plane"  (note you said All and every) it was not quite accurate because you don't own the 737. 

Edited by JGregory

I spoke with Laminar and we have discovered where the problem is.  We will need to publish an update to the Saab after we make some changes to the code.  Stay tuned for an announcement of the update in the near future.

In the meantime you can workaround this by making sure that your com radio volume slider is  more than 50% for the radio you are communicating on.

Edited by JGregory

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 9:43 AM, Dr.Strangelove said:

I have the same issue with No ATC voice or text with the LES Saab 340 only