Sign in to follow this  
Jakob Ludwig

Strange towering clouds

Hi there,

XP 11.30r3 + SMP 4.7.3 + RWC 1.1 + FSGRW build 404

METAR from FSGRW for EDHK 141148Z 31017G27KT 9999 SCT060 02/M04 Q1003 

FSGRW visibility at 39km, clouds scattered 6000ft and 10867 ft

My questions are:

1. What are these towering clouds? There are no TCU or CB reported and they look kind of strange I must say. Saw them on different places the last days and couldn't get a clue why they appear and why they look like this.

2. Why do the scattered clouds change in appearance, if the stratus/overcast selection is switched from HD cloud puffs to dense particles? This isn't a stratus/overcast layer for me. 

Botch in sim pics were made in the same session. Once with status/overcast set to HD Cloud puffs and and once with "dense particles"

Cheers 

Jakob

Cessna_172SP_2.png

Cessna_172SP_3.png

It's towering cumulus and can only appear when FSGRW is instructing it to in the SkyMaxx Pro specific integration.

24fd5835cb1c3401eb1eb6235f1b881d.jpg

The US government shutdown has caused some NOAA data feeds to not function properly, so that might be why the data FSGRW is retrieving doesn't match current real-world conditions. If the US starts functioning again, that part of the problem should clear itself up.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

It's towering cumulus and can only appear when FSGRW is instructing it to in the SkyMaxx Pro specific integration.

24fd5835cb1c3401eb1eb6235f1b881d.jpg

Oh that's some kind of cloud I've never seen before. Guess those appear more often in the US, caused by different topography and atmospheric conditions. Reason why tornados are not present in central Europe. Different airflows and topography.

Are you guys able to generate different style of towering cumulonimbus clouds in a future update? I really like a lot about Skymaxx, but those look a bit uncommon for me. I would like to see wider CU/TCU with more body. That would be awesome.

And hope the servers are back in sync soon. Can't believe Trump actions even reach to us flight simmers.