Throttle issue in new update

Rexcube

Greetings

In the new 1.14 a and b updates, the throttle has a mind of its own and magically moves to full. I have tried unplugging controllers and calibrating it again. The only way to move the throttle down is with the mouse and it then moves on its own all the way up to full power. Needless to say, any flights are now grounded.

It was not doing this before the updates......

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Rexcube
Spelling

This one is a mystery and definitely an isolated case.  I've watched 2 streamers this afternoon and they have no problem.  I've also tested this on my system the last time someone reported this, and still no problem.  You are, literally, the 2nd person to have this problem.

Can you try unplugging ALL hardware and test again.  Make sure you unplug hardware.  Not just disable it.  They need to be physically removed from the PC.

Could you also post a log.txt file.

Failing all this, could you also try re-calibrating your hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

After today's update, I'm still having the throttle issue. I've attached both the Xplane log and the TBM log. I've tried unplugging all my hardware, and removing all plugins as suggested above, to no avail. I love the TBM, but it's completely unflyable right now. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

55 minutes ago, jg4242 said:

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

After today's update, I'm still having the throttle issue. I've attached both the Xplane log and the TBM log. I've tried unplugging all my hardware, and removing all plugins as suggested above, to no avail. I love the TBM, but it's completely unflyable right now. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

Are you sure you removed all plugins?
image.png

1 minute ago, Petejohno said:

I am having the same issue. I'm on 11.32r1. Once the throttle is moved to flight idle, it automatically increases and my assigned throttle does not work.  I can use the mouse, but it still increases by itself.

I have deleted my old tbm preferences and started again-same issue.

Please post log.txt and make sure you don't have any external scripts running that can affect the Power Lever position.  

Don't know if there's some kind of connection however I had this issue with the previous version (only owned it since 5th Feb) & I found it was my Saitek Spad.neXt profile causing the problem. Once I changed the profile it has since been fine (touch wood :-))

I just quickly tested the new version & so far appears to be OK.

49 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Are you sure you removed all plugins?
image.png

Look at the other log.txt I posted. I did one with plugins, and one without. No change for me. I've tried assigning the throttle to both my Sidewinder and my Thrustmaster TWCS; the problem occured with both. All my other aircraft are functioning normally, and X-Plane sees and recognizes the hardware inputs in the calibration page. As far as I can tell, this is limited to the TBM and the way it's interacting with my hardware.

If you have any further troubleshooting steps you'd like me to try, let me know and I'll share the results!

6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Can you check if you have anything assigned to adjust your mixture?  The power lever uses the mixture and throttle datarefs, and this is the likely cause.

Oh ? What is the logic with it ?

Is it from the beginning and in the manual ?

edit : ok seen another link and apparently mixture can control beta range :) That's nice !

Edited by bdeniaud

On 2/14/2019 at 10:38 PM, Goran_M said:

Can you check if you have anything assigned to adjust your mixture?  The power lever uses the mixture and throttle datarefs, and this is the likely cause.

The only thing assigned to mixture is the default F-keys. I'll unassign them and see if it helps, though!

In the meantime, loading the C172 first also seems to help me. Any idea why that might be helping?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issues after updating to 1.1.4C.  The throttle constantly increased to full.  Solved the problem by deleting all files in <X-Plane>\Output\TBM900\flightlog and <X-Plane\Output\TBM900\state.  The files will rebuild after restarting a flight with the TBM.  This effectively gave me a brand new airplane (complete with introductory tutorials) and the throttle problem was resolved.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, I had a similar problem for weeks and look at all the forums to find a solution but never found any. So I try to understand by myself. I installed DatarefTool to see what is changing but could not what was changing the throttle value. 

Then by chance, i see that by clicking on a dataref on DataRefTool the problem stopped. This was the "sim/autopilot/autothrottle_toggle".  I did more research and finally found my problem was because on the Saitek Multi Panel I had the switch "Auto Throttle" set to "ARM". This is a button I never used before but it appears to be my problem.

By setting it to "OFF" my problem dissapears. Don't know if it is the same for you but give it a try.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, Mayekeul said:

Hi all, I had a similar problem for weeks and look at all the forums to find a solution but never found any. So I try to understand by myself. I installed DatarefTool to see what is changing but could not what was changing the throttle value. 

Then by chance, i see that by clicking on a dataref on DataRefTool the problem stopped. This was the "sim/autopilot/autothrottle_toggle".  I did more research and finally found my problem was because on the Saitek Multi Panel I had the switch "Auto Throttle" set to "ARM". This is a button I never used before but it appears to be my problem.

By setting it to "OFF" my problem dissapears. Don't know if it is the same for you but give it a try.

someone give this man a medal! Thanks so much