GPS guide on the oposite of the actual GPS track

voleo

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful aircraft and high level of realism ! Here is a little bug I discovered :

I was flying a gps departure procedure and at some stage, for some reasons, the aircraft started to stop follow the magenta line (well it was actually following it but on the side) and the other strange thing was that GPS guide on the CDI was on the opposite side.

In my example, my aircraft was flying LEFT on the intended gps flight path but on the PFD, the CDI was telling me to go left to join back the GPS track, which is wrong. See the document attached.

Let me know if you thing this is a bug or just me who is not using your systems properly.

Many thanks in advance and happy flying !

Voleo

gps.png

Does this happen in the middle of a leg or at the transition between two legs (or randomly)? Can you reproduce the problem? Maybe you could tell us which departure this is?

I had a similar problem when flying in OBS mode - see here:

In the end, the issue seems to have been the leg type which is not meant to be used in combination with OBS mode. However, the way the autopilot behaviour seems similarly erratic in your case, flying off in a random direction.

Hi Felix2,

It happened few minutes after takeoff from LESO on runway 04. I was using the BTZ1B SID and it was after a direct between present position and BTZ VOR (which is the end waypoint of the SID). I simulated a "direct to" given by tower.

I was able to reproduce this 2-3 times as LESO is my base.

I had no VOR frequencies set up, just following up the GPS trace.As usual

I hope it helps.

I don't think (but i could be wrong) that this is a Laminar bug as this doesn't happen with the Aerobask G100 Robin for example.

Thanks !