Throttle Issues

YYZ342

I am yet to successfully start the engine, do a flight and land without blowing the engine at some stage. The culprit is the throttle. No matter what I do, how carefully I use the mouse or how I set up my TM Hotas throttle I always end up pushing the throttle either into taxi or reverse in flight or something else that causes the engine to blow up. Using mouse has the throttle slide places it should not slide to. This behavior should not be.... Are there any suggestions how to correct this, perhaps I am missing something in the set up? Thnx!

Cheers

Hi, I have CH Throttles, I have blown my engine quite a few times. The mouse controls the 900 Fuel Cutoff/Low Idle to High Idle. When the mouse turns Horizontal then it moves through the gate over into the Power/ Taxi section. Once in here your throttle can then be used to go from Low Power to High Power. If you want to go into the Taxi Range, a button or switch can be assigned so you can transition from the Power to Taxi range. Make sure your battery is in good condition if you start on battery without GPU.  Just follow the Startup procedure, Fuel Pump on, Starter for 2seconds, once 13 % on NG move Lever, via mouse, from Fuel cutoff to low idle. Once stableized move lever to either High Idle or to Low Power/ Taxi Range. I know this can be frustrating getting to know how this aircraft works but it’s well worth it. It is a fantastic aircraft and well worth the time to get to know it. 

Thnx @brettnicholls. On the ground the issue I am having with the throttle is that when the mouse turns horizontal the throttle slides over to the left and then down into reverse right away. I cannot do anything about it. As soon as I click it the throttle slides left and down on its own.I will keep trying but dang this is not how it should be I am certain of it.

Hi what if you place your throttle up to about 30%. Just surprisingly that it goes to reverse straight away, I thought a key needed to assigned to make it come through the gate. Have you assigned a command by any chance for this function that is automatically allowing this to happen? If you have take note of it and delete it then try again. Just a thought. Cheers