Fuel Calculations

SkyBarca

Everything on the MFD regarding fuel is correct with the exception of the flightplan page.  It calculates the fuel use correctly, just not the actual fuel quantity.  It always seems to show, at the start, only the fuel on board when the aircraft was loaded in.  Not reflecting any fuel added after the aircraft loads into the sim.

Is there some page I am missing on the MFD to adjust the fuel so that it matches what the rest of the readouts show?  Fuel gauges, fuel page, both correct.  

• Like 1

You need to adjust the fuel amount within the G1000, after you refuel or load the aircraft. There is a distinct fuel gauge, but as for flight planning, you need to adjust it manual to reflect the current fuel state. As remember it should be at the system page of the MFD. The most left lower softkey and than there should be some softkey for fuel increase and decrease.

Edited by Jakob Ludwig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 7:24 PM, Goran_M said:

Fixed and should be in the next update

The last build 1.1.8 shows the same issue about the fuel remaining..

thankfully we do calculations of fuel, but thats a nice thing to have....

I like to adventure in the deep and far NAT on a single engine turboprop and it a nice to have when you have 50Kts headwind and you need to confirm if could reach your destination.

Cheers!!!

Captura de Ecrã (5).png

Captura de Ecrã (7).png

Edited by jvp89

• 3 months later...

Wouldn't it be a "workaround" to put the Fuel into a config file, before i start the sim?

Maybe the Fuel state is given in the TBM900.acf. At least there is a section

PROPERTIES_BEGIN
P _cgpt/0/_name empty craft
P _cgpt/0/_w_max 4581.200195312
P _cgpt/0/_w_now 4581.200195312
P _cgpt/0/_w_test 4581.204589844
P _cgpt/0/_z_ref 14.300000191
P _cgpt/1/_name fuel tank #1
P _cgpt/1/_w_max 1005.299987793
P _cgpt/1/_w_now 1005.300048828
P _cgpt/1/_w_test 0.0
P _cgpt/1/_z_ref 14.300000191
P _cgpt/10/_w_max 0.0

So it would be possible to make the Flight Planing after that insert the right amount of Fuel into the acf, and than the Fuel calculation should be correct. Or am I missing something? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Still an issue. Could this be fixed? Would make my flights less nervous when MFD would not be giving me neg values for arrival fuel. I haven't done much research about this, but I at least use the "resume last flight" (if the reason it has not been fixed is that devs havent been able to repro).

Edited by matchball
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, MISSEDAPCH said:

Any news on the issue? I'm on v1.1.12 and it seems the issue is still present. 

There is nothing Hot Start can do about this as it is an issue with X-Plane. You see the G1000 in the Hot Start TBM 900 is in essence the default X-Plane 1000 the developer simply customized the X-Plane 1000 to reflect the G1000 found in the real aircraft. You can file a bug report here, but keep in mind Laminar Research are currently busy with the 11.50 beta, so it might be a while before they get around to fixing it (if ever).

Edited by NeoPyro
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This COVID lockdown I took the Hotstart TBM around the world in X-Plane 11 :)

25000nm (47000km), 2 weeks time, but it was nice!

You can confidently plan the fuel for your trips at an average of 60gph, 300knots speed, roughly 1500nm between refuels (depending on the winds), so if you are full, you can fly 5 hours without problems