TBM 113 CTD

xplanebobby

It's not a clean install.  You have plugins still installed.  

You also have ortho scenery installed over 2 hard drives, and it looks like it might be crashing as the G1000 reads the terrain from the scenery.  The crash happened as 2 separate partitions were getting accessed at the same time.  This is where the 2 stutters happened.
image.png

I just had a CTD with TBM900. This was about an hour into otherwise perfect flight. It seems to be with the same error as @xplanebobby

The Ortho is on a different than XP drive but just one drive.

Are we saying at this point that TBM900 does not work with Ortho installed on a different drive than XP?

2019-01-01 22:12:27 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

Log.txt attached. 

Cheers

Log.txt

4 hours ago, YYZ342 said:

Are we saying at this point that TBM900 does not work with Ortho installed on a different drive than XP?

It's possible, because I've seen a common thread in that.  In which case, this will boil down to a bug in the default G1000.  I have ortho, but all stored on the same drive as X-Plane.  I'll ask around, and see who else has ortho installed on multiple drives/partitions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, I can now confirm the following !

ortho scenery from 2 different drives crashes something in xplane but the error gets thrown from the tbm, so that is on laminars end for sure.
i removed my ortho links from the custom scenery folder and it all works fine ! 

Added them and boom crash, sometimes after 10 mins, sometimes after 8 hours. 

So I can easily recreate this and fix it.

since I read a lot of logs where something with the custom scenery is strange, I suspect it has something to do with that and that is something that has to be forwarded to
Laminar, I guess ? cheers

On 1/3/2019 at 12:16 AM, YYZ342 said:

OK. Should we send this off to LR?

Didn't even see this post.  Apologies.

19 minutes ago, xplanebobby said:

Ok guys, I can now confirm the following !

ortho scenery from 2 different drives crashes something in xplane but the error gets thrown from the tbm, so that is on laminars end for sure.
i removed my ortho links from the custom scenery folder and it all works fine ! 

Added them and boom crash, sometimes after 10 mins, sometimes after 8 hours. 

So I can easily recreate this and fix it.

since I read a lot of logs where something with the custom scenery is strange, I suspect it has something to do with that and that is something that has to be forwarded to
Laminar, I guess ? cheers

I suspected scenery was the cause of a lot of CTD's.  Mainly because the G1000 terrain radar trying to read terrain from 2 different drives.

Edited by Goran_M