Help with FMC

Flc80

Dear all,

Hello, I'm returning to you guys for some help. I'm trying to flight a IFR route from Paris CDG to Toulouse, using the whole package: SID, STAR, approach. For this occasion I've chosen the following ones:

SID: AGOP2G, AGOPA (from RWY 09L)

STAR: ESIS6N, ESISI (to RWY 14 L)

The problem I'm having is when trying to "exit" the STAR and link it to the APPROACH. The mentioned STAR ESIS6N starts from fix ESIS and ends at fix NETRA, as you can see on the following flight plan (before entering the APPROACH, but after having loaded the SID and the STAR):

image.png.4f91c28195dba3ebbf2956b32d8df4b3.png

However, what I don't really understand is which of the following I should choose. Could anyone briefly explain the difference between VDM/ILS/RNV? I have some charts and I don't have them as separate procedures, just a standard RNAV LOC (see next screenshot):

image.png.2f46142aa8a7ff487ea555a70d6ac0ac.png

image.png.ccf694a1649ed7e5533a6760114b65a9.png

Besides that doubt, let's say I pick up approach 14L with transition NETRO (sounds logical, it's the last point of the STAR), the flight plan ends up looking terrible, as you can see below:

image.png.b735a33693061f5b7b4c83167b396688.png

...when I'm expecting it to look something more like this:

image.png.43f6f3373a5396a806cf011222c0d6cc.png

Is this some kind of bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you so much in advance for any help :)

Best,

Agustín

Welcome to the world of french aviation procedure design.

I fly to major french airports in real life (Charles de Gaulle, Toulouse, Marseille, Nice, Orly) and what you describe is our everyday bread and butter. Or as an american pilot once asked on frequency: "You really want me to fly this shit?" :lol:

Ultimately the french radar controllers know that the designers of these procedures are selfrighteous, proud french engineers that are detached from reality (like the people that built my airplane :angry:) and usually just hand out directs to fixes or give radar vectors to make the system work...

So do yourself a favour - don´t try to follow those procedures or you will grow grey hair (or loose it) and never arrive at your destination...

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Agustin,

I am French, but I will try to help ! (Come on, Jan, bring up some bottle of old good wine of Bordeaux for your next flight !). VDM is for a VOR-DME approach, so, forget about that, because you want to select the ILS 14L approach.  I think that there is a problem with the database (I'm using navigraph). When you choose the NETRO transition, you have to delete the fix TOU/14. then you will get the good track to the FAF.

Happy new year to all of IXEG beauty's lovers.

Daniel.

Capture d’écran 2018-12-30 à 20.31.56.jpg

Edited by danhenri
  • Like 1

Dear Litjan and Daniel,

Thank you very much to both for your replies, you're making laugh my a** out :D

I also have the Navigraph data so it seems we stumbled with the same bug. I'll try removing that point and fly the route again, hopefully I'll land on Tolouse safely and have time for a good cup of wine :)

Cheers and best wishes for 2019,

Agustín

• Like 1