Island of Oahu Released!

Cameron

Hello all!

RealScenery Enhanced: Island of Oahu shown in the Work In Progress section of this forum has been released and can be purchased here: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=67

The Work In Progress section for Oahu has been changed to a read-only forum, and all new topics regarding the scenery should be posted in the support section here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?board=22.0

Enjoy this incredible new scenery!

There is a lot to take in. While it is an island, Oahu is over 600 sq. mi. / 1500 sq. mi. It will take a while to fly around the island perimeter. I have many hours flying around this island and always see something new. Oahu is the most populated of the islands so there are lots of developed areas to explore in addition to the incredible natural features. Make sure to explore the islands two parallel mountain ranges, too; the Waianae range in the west and Koolau range in the east.

I notice that this has an installer.  Is there something complicated about the scenery that would require this, or is it just for convenience.  Are there any files installed outside of the X-Plane folder?

I've been holding off on RealScenery for a long time because I couldn't bring myself to spend so much on scenery for one state, but I think I might give this one a shot.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm glad that everyone really likes the scenery. It is truly an amazing experience. I fired it up again this morning - you never get tired of it!  ;)

Let me address some questions that have come up...

I notice that this has an installer.  Is there something complicated about the scenery that would require this, or is it just for convenience.  Are there any files installed outside of the X-Plane folder?

I've been holding off on RealScenery for a long time because I couldn't bring myself to spend so much on scenery for one state, but I think I might give this one a shot.

The installer is a great feature of the scenery, but you can certainly manage the folders on your own if you're familiar with the directory structure of custom scenery packages. There is a user guide included with the scenery if you wish to manage these folders on your own. I would strongly suggest using the installer when you first get the scenery so you are certain everything is installed correctly. Once you are up and running and are familiar with the folder structure of the scenery, you can certainly manage this on your own.

I download/installed yesterday but haven't had a chance to fly it yet but I had one quick question. The water looks amazing, can we land in it? Or is it an overlay?

For this release, the water does not have the physics of the X-Plane water. You can certainly land on the water, but it will will behave as a hard surface.

I'm dropping all projects - I wanna make airports for Oahu. Haha..

I had a very nice 25 minute flight from the east coast to the airport in the very middle of the island (PHHI) - this is a GREAT scenery. I love it. Forget Norway, forget Spain, I'm all about Oahu.

The new tower looks awesome, Ola. We all will look forward to see this scenery develop. Good luck finding some reference photos. I know those can be difficult, but I'm sure they are out there.

For those of you that want more of this type of scenery, all future development will be of this same quality. If you want more now, checkout Reno / Carson City, Nevada. Same quality and an even larger area in which to fly!

For those that have purchased, if you get the chance, please leave a review on the X-Aviation Oahu page here. I'm sure others would enjoy seeing your comments. 

It is for convenience and to help with the unzipping of the 7z format to ensure your product gets installed correctly. There are no files installed outside of the XP folder.