Procedure turn gone bad

shalem

Just got this plane and it's been awesome so far.  I have encountered a problem with the GPS, however.  I was on the VOR-A approach into KSBP.  There is a procedure turn required.  The GPS was loaded correctly with the approach procedure, and the magenta line was correctly depicted on the map.  The plane made the initial part of the procedure turn correctly, turning to 309 degrees.  However, when it came back to make the 180 degree turn to come back to the radial, the plane turned RIGHT instead of LEFT (see the attached image, the red ink is what the plane did, instead of following the magenta line.)  Any ideas on this??

InkedTBM900_1_LI.jpg

@shalem, I remember the default G1000 (GNS430 and 530 too) not been very good on procedure turns. Not sure but you might even need to make the turn by yourself (HDG mode) on the correct direction. You may try a couple of things, first and most important fly the same procedure turn with the Cessna G1000 and see if the issue is there too in wich case its a Laminar issue.

Edited by Mateyhv

Thanks for the responses.  So I tried the flight again, just to make sure, and had the same issue.  I then tried it in the default Cessna 172 G1000, and had the same problem.  I then did it again, but in the default 172 without the G1000, just the GNS 530, and that time it flew it correctly.  So this is just a G1000 problem.  I contacted Laminar about it, we'll see what they say.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Its worth describing the problem in the .org forum where Philipp of Laminar is very responsive to problems posted on the forum related to GPS ,Glass cockpit and so forth.

Just to save time,  he will often recommend trying the same procedure on the Laminar G1000 Cessna and if can be reproduced there , he will look into it

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/315-xp11-fms-and-nav-data/

• 2 months later...

I've encountered same problem when trying to fly HILPTs on IAPs charted and in the Navigraph database as part of the procedure - the TBM900 NAV mode usually turns wrong way, and does loopy things.  I've also noticed that when I cross the HILPT fix, the OBS button disappears but no SUSP button replaces it.  So there is no way to exit the hold.   Agree it is likely a problem LR will need to fix.

Has anyone else noticed that SUSP goes missing ? 

Chuck O