Beechcraft Mentor Update 1.1 Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

There seems to be some discrepancy as to whether this was formally released or not, so here's the announcement.

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1 update for the Beechcraft Mentor. All customers who have purchased the Mentor up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. Please follow these instructions carefully! For those that purchase the Mentor from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1 for you. :)

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

JRollon 1.1 version:

1. Rain now appears or disappears dependent on weather. The button to make the rain effect hide is still present for your use.

2. Landing lights auto switch off when landing gear doors are closing. You won't be able to switch them on when landing gear are retracted.

3. Real Gmeter done. It records your maximun and minimun gs. You can reset them with new button added on the gauge.

4. Added steering to the front landing gear. All users without differential brakes will be able to steer the plane without key assignments.

5. Radios can now be tuned normally thanks to programming added.

Lukasz 1.1 version. This plane also includes the jrollon modifications.

1.  Modification on Speed and GLoad limits

2.  Better engine general performance

3.  Modified propeller data and shape

4.  Very close to real engine and propeller inertia

5.  Added torque limiter as in real plane

6.  Added inverted fuel system as in real plane (the real plane does not have this)

7.  Added beta range

8.  Changed propeller condition lever behaviour a little

9.  Highly accurate specific fuel consumption

10. Idle fuel flow and torque almost as in reality

11. Reduced exhaust gases visibility

12. Complete rebuild of electrical systems to reflect the real Mentor as much as possible within default X-Plane modeling

13. Tuned various engine and systems related limits

14. Rebuilt wings: added incidence, geometry twist

15. Complete overhaul of airfoils for main wings, with the help of real world aerodynamic data

16. Removed tail vertical fins (it's impossible to properly replicate them and they have marginal impact anyway) on internal model

17. Fuselage drag coefficient

18. Control geometry

19. Complete rebuild of flaps with the help of real world aerodynamic data (they don't go by dent points)

20. Control phase-out

21. Trim adjustments

22. Gear produces more drag when lowered

23. Added custom inertia (radii of gyration)

24. Changed weight and balance

25. Added automatic cowl flaps as in real plane

26. Added more grip on wheels, so the plane stays put when full power is applied

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

In that case I feel a bit daft, from the rest of the list it looked like just poor grammar or a mistyped statement just because the rest was quite well written...

I actually enjoy reading Javier's manuals, that quirky Spanish Javier humour always makes me chuckle. And I've just installed Nhancer for Nvidia on his suggestion.

And an awful lot better than I would write a Spanish manual!

ahhh about nhancer.. well they changed with new drivers from nvidia.... now is Nvidia inspector... works the same.. and you will have better graphics at a less performance impact for your computer.

best!

Thanks! I'll check it out. It might be psychological but I'd swear I've already noticed a difference with Nhancer.

Nice Mentor update Javier, all improvements appreciated- it feels more heavy in response, just as I would have expected. Still the best cockpit lighting in Xplane (until the .org claims so in one of it's hilarious, over-hyped adverts..)

Hi there,

I am having the same problem with this update as I had with the original release - the OSX updater does not work.

When I try to run it nothing happens, I am running 10.6.7

I have contacted X-Aviation (via their website) but as yet no response.

Wondering if it's possible to get instructions to install manually or get the update sent unzipped?

Thanks

Hi there,

I am having the same problem with this update as I had with the original release - the OSX updater does not work.

When I try to run it nothing happens, I am running 10.6.7

I have contacted X-Aviation (via their website) but as yet no response.

Wondering if it's possible to get instructions to install manually or get the update sent unzipped?

Thanks

Hi,

Apologies for any trouble you have experienced.

Please submit a new ticket to X-Aviation and we'll go into further detail with you: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php

• 4 weeks later...

Steven,

Untrue. You still have a ticket pending a further response from you with a suggestion to fix this.

Considering over 50% of our users are Mac and we can track install success on top of the fact that you see no other complaints here, I'm pretty sure you can safely assume Mac users are getting along just fine. ;)

Thanks Cameron,

I was working on your last repsonse, dated 3rd April where you indicated that you were "still investigating".

I thought we were corresponding via email on this and I haven't received anything from you since the above.

I have just been over to x-aviation and can't find any reference to this ticket and suggestion? Can you please clarify where to look or just email it me?

I am just as dumbfounded as you as to why this installer does not work, I apologise if you misread my requests for help as something else, I have been working with computers since the mid 80's so feel I have half an idea about them, I just hadn't heard anything since the 3rd April and am not familiar with this x-aviation 'ticket' thing.

Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Received an email from Cameron yesterday with a fix for my installer (we had to use the 'chmod' command to change permissions on a few files and directories), anyway all is good again and the installer did it's thing as advertised and the T34 is back in the air!

Thanks very much to Cameron and X-Aviation (oh yeah... and JRollon!)

• 4 weeks later...

8) I'm really happy with the T-34 Mentor, but (always a but isn't there B) I have an issue with the radios in that I haven't figured out how to tune them. I know that there is a fix in the new version for this. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a place to download the update. I bought it at the JRollon website instead of at X-aviation so it is not in my list of planes on X-aviation and therefore I don't have a link for the update. Help!