Can MFD windows stay open longer please ?

fireone

I include 2 screenshots of the MFD . At the bottom right of the MFD screen are two small windows one for MAP, one for FPL  ,brought up by pressing the FPL key under the MFD screen . These two windows only stay on for 3 seconds before disappearing . This is not enough time to accurately  transfer the mouse pointer to the FMS rotary button to select an item inside those windows . Could the windows stay on indefinitely and be switched off by some other means , or could they stay on a bit longer to allow mouse pointer positioning on the FMS button. ? Or is there another way of selecting items inside those windows besides rotating the FMS knob ?

TBM900_6.png

TBM900_8.png

There is no other way, but the menu doesn't have to be visible for the knobs to move through the menu. Anyway depending on the zoom level the knobs are not that easy to manipulate, so my suggestion is to map their functions to the keyboard. I have the outer knob assigned to the num keypad 8 and 9, the inner to 5 and 6. Then you can map menu, fpl, ent and dir to some nearby keys and manipulate flight plans and most of the MFD through keys. Much more convenient in my case because I am using realityXP with head movements, anticipation and so on.

Edited by Mateyhv
  • Like 1

Jakob , thanks for taking a look , the main FPL page stays on..........its the smaller windows at the bottom right that are the source of frustration . I came  across the problem when trying to access the page which stores all my flight plans . 

Mateyhv , thanks also for taking a look . I'll follow your suggestion to map the knob to the keyboard. Its been pointed out elsewhere that the mouse pointer target area is so small for some buttons , it makes them un-ergonomic , but this one really got the better of me.

Yes, key mapping is optional but convenient for ease of access. And the main point is the menus are accesible via the knobs even when the bottom menu is gone, it will be displayed instantly. Of course the cursos must be off (no highlighted text) otherwise the knobs will affect whatever is under the cursor only.