Smooth flight!

Panxua

I installed version 1.1.3 yesterday evening, directly from version 1.1.1.

I had flown VFR sooner in the day from Toulouse LFCL (France) to Léognan Saucats LFCS, near Bordeaux, following the Garonne River. Although my configuration is reasonnably powerful, (I7 7700K at 4.2 Ghz,  32 Go RAM, Ge Force GTX 1070) the flight is sometimes stuttering, certainly due to the fact that I push all graphics to nearly the max.

Today a trial flight with the new version, from LFCS to LFCO, a small airfield on the edge of the Pyrénées.

First good surprise, the former aircraft registration remained valid, without any need to re-create a new airframe, as in the last versions. The flight time monitoring was also kept from the previous version.

Second good surprise (I am flying XP version 11.26) the flight was noticeably smoother than the one of the previous day, and scanning the panoramic view with my TrackIR did not entail any stuttering, when the scenery was quite similar to the one of the previous day.

In short, a very positive experience. Congratulations!

Edited by Panxua
  • Like 2

Has anyone notice the CPU vs GPU frame time on the frame rate data.

The TBM on my rig is loading up the CPU frame time while the GPU frame time is barely working and I get stutters while panning.

To add to the confusion I alt +tab and start my task manager and the load is flipped over to the GPU frame time and the stutters are gone, perfect smooth simulation with rain pouring down the windshield.

There's a memory leak or something, I'm constantly battling with this issue and have just notice the CPU frame time vs GPU frame time, it's not sending work to the GPU just loading up the CPU with work the GPU should be doing, it's random and when it does let the GPU do it's job the TBM runs smooth as silk even when it's pouring down with rain and all visual effects are running.

My rig specs: CPU i5 4670k @ 4.4 Ghz  RAM Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @ 1866Mhz GPU Asus GTX 970 Strix 4Gb 

TBM900_Log.txt

Edited by fastmover
forgot to add log file

8 hours ago, fastmover said:

Has anyone notice the CPU vs GPU frame time on the frame rate data.

The TBM on my rig is loading up the CPU frame time while the GPU frame time is barely working and I get stutters while panning.

To add to the confusion I alt +tab and start my task manager and the load is flipped over to the GPU frame time and the stutters are gone, perfect smooth simulation with rain pouring down the windshield.

There's a memory leak or something, I'm constantly battling with this issue and have just notice the CPU frame time vs GPU frame time, it's not sending work to the GPU just loading up the CPU with work the GPU should be doing, it's random and when it does let the GPU do it's job the TBM runs smooth as silk even when it's pouring down with rain and all visual effects are running.

My rig specs: CPU i5 4670k @ 4.4 Ghz  RAM Corsair Vengeance 16Gb @ 1866Mhz GPU Asus GTX 970 Strix 4Gb 

TBM900_Log.txt

I don't think it's the TBM causing this.  I wanted to check to see what these fps problems were that people were questioning.  After 6 hours of X-Plane running, with the TBM loaded, powered up on the ground running off the GPU, all avionics running, my fps remained 100 % constant at an average of 30-35 at Saba airport.  

Do you have any other plugins?  If so, how many?  Have you tried removing them and then running the TBM?  If you still get a slow down in fps, can you post your log.txt (found in the root X-Plane folder.)?

I have to agree with Goran on this, I have no troubles running this aircraft between 25 & 60 FPS and my system is getting dated. The only point where I run on the low end is due to the XP-11 clouds which has always been the case. Only AA I can get away with (in clouds) is FXAA and still FPS tanks but remain manageable. This aircraft, IMO, isn't any harder on frames as any of my vFlyte or Aerobask products. As for the Mem-Leak, I have no idea, but I have flown for hours without issues and fluctuations remain as indicated above.

Edited by Pivot

13 hours ago, Goran_M said:

What are your system specs?

Spec:  system: mac osx 10.11.6 iMac Retina 5K, 27", end2015, 4GHz i7, 32GB, AMD Radeon M395X 4096MB I made the linked/attached fps-research before the last updates. (see spreadsheet 

TBM900_fps_analysis.jpg

)
So flying with FLYwithLua on an empty island SCIP without WT3 and scenery already brought me down; I continued building up without FlywithLua and had OK results (e.g.: World Traffic 3 had no negative effect at all); until: see "fully plugged/EHAM", mind: clear sky, and that was XP11.26. (→ the developer made a new version of FlyWithLua, didn't try it yet together with TBM)

Now I'm on 11.30rc1 with the latest update of the TBM, and the clouds are fps-killing, taxiing at some airports included. Ofcourse that frame rate-hit is the case with all aircraft I have, but they are still manageable above fps=20. I only struggle with the TBM9 to keep away from fps<20 (In bad weather sometimes 10fps_. (I fly: "LES Saab 340A | Hotstart Socata TBM 900 | Aerobask Diamond DA62 | FlyJSim B732-v3 Pro | FlightFactor A320 Ultimate (beta) / B757 Professional v2.0-extended (B752, B753, B75F) / B777 200LR Worldiner | Carenado Dornier Do228 / Beechcraft King Air B200 | ddenn's Bombardier Challenger 300 | Zibo's modified B738")

I know this is actually an X-Plane thing. Maybe Laminar Research will do something about that consuming particle- and clouds-engine, but I realize the TBM900 is really the maximum I can have on top of that, comparing it to all the other aircraft running under the same conditions. 

Edited by Mindyourstep

Hey thanks everyone for the advise.

Apart for skunkcraft updater and SkyMaxx Pro XP11.26 on my rig is vanilla.

Nvidia control panel is XP11 vsync is set Adaptive (half refresh rate) I prefer solid 30 fps in all conditions that 30 - xx fps fluctuating, this is why I've been noticing the random microstutters while panning around the cockpit.

After more test I noticed what I did to start the microstutters, I pushed the softkey on the G1000, when the map came up the stutters started, turn the battery off and the stutters stopped.

After reloading XP11 I watched the TBM screens start up when power was applied and spotted what was happening on a bad load up, the screen were starting then after a few seconds going black then restarting, I would get stutters when this happened.

When the TBM system screens loaded without going black then restarting no stutters would occur when the G1000 softkey was hit and the TBM ran smooth with no stutters.

• 2 weeks later...